Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
NOT Negatjve, a very true opinion on what has value and what does not.
It is a helpful comment to not expect much money out of it.
Unlike YOU Wes, we are not all rich, famous, and in love with ourselves.

Maybe you would've liked it Wes if I lied to the new member(may5th, 2015), and told him what a great and valuable sign he has. Only giving him false hopes.

Last edited by KZ1000; Thu May 14 2015 07:50 AM.

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
my sign is also still available for free guess it's not such a hot item

"Remember, history that is forgotten is doomed to repeat itself!"
W
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
W
There is a huge difference in telling the new guy it isn't worth taking down or NO value. Unlike some of the other guys saying $200-300-400. Your the only one that seems to think it has NO value.. The new guy happens to like it.

" what does any of this have to do with me being whatever you said I am ? Way off topic and off base.

Wes.......
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
RDS, I'm sorry for your loss.

I didn't see anyone say it had NO value. I posted that I agreed with KZ1000 and posted a detailed reason why. I hadn't seen the OP's remarks calling us arrogant. When I did, I deleted my posts.

The OP has now apologized for calling us arrogant, so I'll briefly recap what I had deleted.
To SAFELY take down the sign, or the sign and the pole will require the use of equipment (and operator) that will eat up much (or possibly all) of what the sign would sell for. Therefore not worth the effort of taking it down.

In regards to the other comments. Please note the OP is from Illinois. I too am from Illinois. The economy in most areas of Illinois is still very bad. While some of you may see similar signs sell for $300-$500 in your areas, it's highly unlikely this particular sign would sell for that much in most areas of Illinois. I doubt the OP wants to drag the thing to North Dakota or South Carolina to sell it. $200-$300 would be strong money for THAT sign in this area.

Yes, plastic signs have steadily climbed in value the past few years. What hasn't? The people that are driving the price of plastic signs upwards are mostly car guys not petroliana collectors.

Anyone that thinks I dislike plastic signs is wrong. I have a couple in my collection. One can be seen in the sign gallery on my website. I wouldn't mind getting a couple more.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I kind of like the sign,there are options that can be done.Example,i did not care for the Shell sign pictured here but once cut out it looks much better in my opinion.Could have the best of both worlds,one side as is the other MOBIL cut out.

shocked

shellfence1.jpg DSCN5602.jpg
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I know i have posted these before but some newer members may not have seen them,Another example-this sign was outside for many years and i was not crazy about,cut out i like it and is now in my garage.

shocked

RDS--Remember this, there are no stupid questions,just SOME stupid answers!

shellfence2.jpg DSCN5604.jpg
Last edited by hawkike; Thu May 14 2015 09:55 AM. Reason: questions
R
RDS Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the info guys, its just the old man would always say the poles worth 300. There is so much from different decades and the price range is so different.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved