Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#619844 Mon Jun 29 2015 08:18 PM
B
BLO Offline OP
OP Offline
B
First off, I'm not a collector of old gas pumps. I like tinkering with old chainsaws. I have a scrapper friend that brings me his old chainsaws and last week he brought over a few and I noticed this old pump in the back of his truck. I bought it from him. It is made of either copper or brass and cast iron. It is marked on the top Milwaukee Tank Works. It also has a tag the says Underwriters Laboratories Inc. Inspected discharge for hazardous fluids. I did a search and found Milwaukee Tank Works made products for the gasoline trade. Was this pump used to pump gas? It is in pretty good shape except for a piece broken out of the bottom flange. The plunger is not froze up and will move up and down, but it's not building up any pressure. Any ino is appreciated.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
BLO #619853 Mon Jun 29 2015 11:13 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
What you found is a Milwaukee Model 9. This was used in private garages, many times mounted above a tank. It is pictured on page 196 of my Gas Pump Identification book.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved