Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
T
Kevin,
What do you use to mate the motor shaft with the computer shaft? Spyder? What if the shaft diameters are different diameters?
Ted

Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

C
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
C
Kevin:
Here is picture of what I had to do for the Wayne MS 80s that we have done. Side mount with the inter-connector that goes in between from again as you suggested the place you get your parts.

DSC03841.JPG

Craig
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Ted Matthews
Kevin,
What do you use to mate the motor shaft with the computer shaft? Spyder? What if the shaft diameters are different diameters?
Ted

Yes the 2 shafts are different sizes, but I used spyder type couplers with different bores in them. You can't mix it up that way either, because the coupler that mounts to the bottom of the VR needs to be recessed a little to keep from interfering with the 3 little aluminum bumps on the bottom of the VR.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
T
T
Kevin,
I get my spyders and motors from McMaster-Carr and they work great. I also have 12 volt micro-switches in the nozzle and side arming lever that actuate a relay to kick on the computer motor when you squeeze the nozzle to "put the gas in your tank". See my old youtube video below.
Ted
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLnlptvAsjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLnlptvAsjM

T
T
There's no worry about getting an electrical jolt with only 12 volts running to the nozzle.
Ted

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Support the expenses of Oldgas.com. Thanks!

Copyright © 2024 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved