Print Thread
#62160 Tue Aug 21 2001 06:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have a site i can check on the estimated value of a pump i have just got??

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#62161 Tue Aug 21 2001 07:10 PM
Online Cool
Hi cottage4,

I have not seen a site that lists pump values. The book Gas Pump Collectors Guide has gas pump pictures and values.
You can also look at the pumps being offered by online vendors to get some ideas. See our Petro Web Directory category Vendors, Vintage, Gas Pumps and Air Meters

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#62162 Tue Aug 21 2001 11:25 PM
L
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
L
Gas Pump Collectors Guide is a great source for information on gas pumps. The values, however, are very outdated and were conservative even when the book was first published.

larry ivy
#62163 Thu Aug 23 2001 10:35 AM
Online Cool
You are right. Any collectible value guide book starts getting old the day it is published. But the values in relationship to each other generally stay accurate.

If a certain gas pump has a value listed at twice that of another model pump, even if the dollar amount changes, the value difference remains. So if you see the more common pump going for a certain price, then the more sought after model's value is higher by the same proportion as in the book, if not more.

Also condition and location are major factors. If certain parts are missing, it can seriously hurt a pump's value. If it is located far from a potential buyer, transportation is a major consideration.

So don't think any guide book or auction price is always accurate for your similar item, now or forever. But if you see a Wayne 60 for the same price as a Bowser 585, go for the Wayne. (Sorry Bowser guys, no offense intended)

------------------
Oldgas
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved