Click here for Original Gas Pump Plate auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Got an unexpected text that this pump was for sale for the right price at 6:30 am thursday....
I usually dont get up til 7.... I left immediately, and had it loaded in my truck by 7:15 !!!
back home and on the island by 8 !!! ate breakfast, and made it back to work by 9!!!!!

Looking for H.S. Goodell , Barkhausen , Gitchee Gumee, and other Local Upper Peninsula Michigan oil company items.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Picked up a couple globes tonight....

phpSyC3nIPM.jpg

Looking for any cans! PM me what ya got!
H
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
H
Originally Posted By: pipes
Got an unexpected text that this pump was for sale for the right price at 6:30 am thursday....
I usually dont get up til 7.... I left immediately, and had it loaded in my truck by 7:15 !!!
back home and on the island by 8 !!! ate breakfast, and made it back to work by 9!!!!!

Nice story and that pump looks great and so do the cars in the background.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By K W FRITH
The last of it!--- The Stanocola sign is probably the funniest purchase of all!
Joey Whitesides had it on consignment from another Old Gasser and told me he was bringing it to Iowa Gas and I could look at it there! The sign has a lot of touch ups and is a really good 10 footer, but I've wanted one for so long, that I was willing to get one like this until the "GREAT" one could come along!
When I looked at it in Joeys room, I felt it was priced too high and made an offer on it, so Joey gets the (secret) owner on the phone to discuss the offer-- theres a little haggling that goes on and the owner finally accepts it and I buy the sign!
Now, I still don't know who the owner is and I'm carrying it to my room when Chuck Spillar stops me to look at the sign, and he tells me that he's positive that its the one that he used to own and he had sold it to Paddy several years ago!
OK--now a light bulb just went on, as I had asked Paddy a couple years back to help me find one and he told me they weren't around his area and were pretty hard to find! He never mentioned that he had one and it probably wasn't for sale at that time anyway, as it was a couple years back!
Next morning I marched over to Paddys spot and asked him if he was the "secret" phone man selling me the sign last night! We both got the biggest laugh out of it because I was in the dark the whole time while they were reeling me in! LOL Its a story I'll get to tell for years and I'll probably have to add a little to it every year like Paddy does to some of his stories!! LOL

LOL!!!!!!

Paddy
Wanted. Billups, Ride with Rose, Har-V, LORECO, STANOCOLA, Pan Am (early), Hurricane, Evangeline, Canal, Gulf Coast, oil companies.
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
There's a nice Chevy pickup in the background of that Wayne 60.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved