Next Thread
Print Thread
#623593 Tue Jul 28 2015 09:09 AM
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
I've been collecting signs for a while. I know I've been duped and bought some signs that were advertised as originals and were actually fakes. I read the forum talking about fakes and look at my Sims book. To be honest, I still get confused. I don't worry about buying items from Oldgas members but I do still look on EBay. Would there be an issue if I found a sign on EBay and then ask Olldgas members their opinion of the sign? Thanks.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Not at all. Happens almost every day.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As Steve says, more than a few have asked about Petro Items before shelling out hard earned money...

Remember though, the Membership is not infallible. Not often, but every once in a while; We get it wrong... (db and I used to tease each other, because we have had to apologize to the Membership for making an error...)

db, had a memory better than an elephants!

And at times, when I was "feeling my oats and getting cocky"... He would bring me down to earth, by starting a sentence... "Remember when you said.... LOL....

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
M
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
M
Thanks guys, all of us mistakes. As I stated earlier I have been duped. This will give me confidence when purchasing off eBay. Thanks again.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Please "DO" ask before buying. Nothing bothers us more than good people getting ripped off by those people that are taking advantage of the uneducated. We want to preserve the integrity of this hobby and preserve the value of the items we have invested so much time and energy into!
Please "DO" ask!

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Yah, I should have elaborated. With only 3 years in the hobby, I would almost never buy a sign outside of Sunoco without first asking here on Oldgas! It's saved my butt a few times.
And I always watch other peoples posting on the same matter. It's very educational.
Good luck and can't wait to see what you bring to the table.

If your feeling it, post up some of what you already have in the Showcase forum. Always nice to visit peoples collections!

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Definitely ask before buying! as they all said above, it happens daily. It hurts nothing to ask before you buy!

Braden Splichal

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved