Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
BryceG #625380 Tue Aug 11 2015 09:18 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I must say I completely agree with Dennis! Hell what is that now X7?!

Braden Splichal

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
BryceG #625384 Tue Aug 11 2015 09:51 PM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Could somebody please explain this. If you click on the Events tab on the top of this page, it states the show was four days, August 4-7, Tuesday to Friday. A number of posters above have stated the show started on Wednesday, who is correct?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
BryceG #625398 Wed Aug 12 2015 05:05 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
It was my first time to set up at Iowa. Got there Sunday evening and left Thursday around noon. I sold every gas pump I took and over half of the signs. Bought about 30 Texas cans and 3 Texas globes. My wife, child, and I had a great time.

Only thing I saw that bothered me were people disobeying the parking signs. I think people came in the vending area and parked where they wanted to not regarding the signage. If the sign says no parking from such and such date to whenever, it should be enforced.

I think there should have been more signage on the outside for people that were vending in the ball room area; I heard some people say that they didn't even know there were spaces inside.

The hotel a/c didn't work very well, but they brought us 2 fans to use and made it more comfortable. They did put forth an effort into making us comfortable. ( I have stayed at Holiday Inns that were better, cheaper and gave you a decent and free breakfast in the morning)

......John
fanfan75601@yahoo.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Jack Sim
Could somebody please explain this. If you click on the Events tab on the top of this page, it states the show was four days, August 4-7, Tuesday to Friday. A number of posters above have stated the show started on Wednesday, who is correct?

Jack Sim

Copied from the Iowa Gas website:
The event is scheduled for Wednesday – Thursday swap meet and an Auction on Friday. Vendors are allowed to set up on Tuesday. Early trading does happen.

Last edited by Lastgas15; Wed Aug 12 2015 05:40 AM.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
BryceG #625697 Thu Aug 13 2015 10:14 PM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Also copied directly from the Iowa Gas website, which states Tuesday thru Friday (which may be because of vendor set up, as mentioned above)...

Upcoming Years Event Schedule

August 4th – 7th, 2015

Last edited by Speedracer; Thu Aug 13 2015 10:16 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I got there Monday night and also felt I should have arrived after noon on Monday. I had planned on that but had a pet get sick so I got a late start....I did catch some room to room Monday night though. Tuesday was the big day and show was basically over early Wednesday afternoon as many vendors started leaving then. We did okay there this year. I mainly go there to buy and promote PCM Magazine. Sales of collectibles are of second nature to me at this show. What is important is seeing many good friends there each year and we did just that. We had a great time with good friends, just saying "Hi", traded stories, and had fun looking at all the goodies. Ron and John said they will try and regulate the start time next year. Whether that happens or not I'll be going there as long as I can. Scott Benjamin

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved