Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#62692 Tue Dec 07 2004 08:42 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

[This message has been edited by Jarvis (edited 12-07-2004).]

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#62693 Tue Dec 07 2004 09:11 PM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks Jarvis for posting the photos for me.

#62694 Tue Dec 07 2004 09:15 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
queenbee,
Click on EDIT [to the right of your user name, the pen&pad]. You can add more pictures to your posting.

You can go from this site to ImageShack, then BACK [right click] to this site to PASTE, then FORWARD [right click]to ImageShack, then BACK [right click]to here to PASTE.

BE SURE YOU RE-ENTER YOUR PASSWORD BEFORE YOU --SUBMIT NOW--. Once you leave this site [going to ImageShack], you will LOOSE your password, and when you hit the submit now button, you will loose ALL INFORMATION.

Lets see MORE, MOOOOOOOOOORE !

[This message has been edited by Dick Bennett (edited 12-07-2004).]

#62695 Wed Dec 08 2004 12:33 AM
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
The first things you pictured are leather gaskets for the pumps, not much use to collectors unless they are trying to make the pumps work. The second items are the wheels for the Veeder-Root computer, but from what I can observe there are from the later computers, and will not work in the computers used in the 30s, 40s and 50s. I have no idea what the "Shim Stock" is, the bottom of the package states "Gasket Co." and since most of us are not interested in making the pumps work, having the original gaskets are of little use. Not trying to discourage you, but how about some pictures of advertising items?
Jack Sim

[This message has been edited by Jack Sim (edited 12-08-2004).]

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
#62696 Wed Dec 08 2004 05:16 AM
Q
OP Offline
Q
Thanks Jack for simplifying what is collectible..Oddly enough he had no advertising things.I guess it isn't too odd considering that he wasn't collecting souveneirs but just doing his job. I imagine all that stuff came from his shop.In regards to the wheels for the veeder root .There is a box of what appear to be older ones.The shim stock is a roll of thin brass. As I said the only thing with names (advertising items) are rulers and thermometers.There are a few nozzles but I have know idea for which tanks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved