Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Daniel, welcome to Old Gas!
Since your PM (personal message) inbox has probably exceeded it's limit by now is an indication that the pump plates are very desireable and difficult to acquire.

Click on the "flashing" envelope in order to read your messages. See screenshot......

PM_Message-1.PNG

Ron Gordon
Cell: 815.762.2616
Email: flash03@comcast.net
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
DON'T RESTORE THEM AND DON'T SELL THEM? KEEP THEM AND ENJOY THEM. FRANK

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
do not restore single sided signs

also, be careful with the PMs you are undoubtedly receiving

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
a Billups Supreme pump plate just sold in the Peotone auction last month for $1400 (+10% premium)

Wanted: Sweney Oil items - Peoria, IL
Weekly Oil Can Auctions: www.OilCanAuctions.com
Collection & Items for Sale: www.OnceAlwaysPetro.com
D
OP Offline
D
If there is and I'm asking in the wrong section I apologize, my computer is in the shop and figuring things out on my iPhone were I could post was difficult but the computer is in the shop and I assure you I'll figure things out better when I got a bigger screen.

D
OP Offline
D
Ok ok so don't restore it, what about putting rust killer on the backs? Is that ok?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dan--no worries. It was moved to the values section for you! Welcome to the site!

And yeah, hold on to them for now. What a great start to what could be a lifelong passion for collecting old gas stuff. I think it would give your neighbor pleasure to see the stuff on your wall.

If eventually you do want to sell and get a good price, you can have an online auction on OLDGAS (ask site host Jim Potts how to set that up) or on ebay. If you do ebay, let people know on this site (post the info on the online auctions forum) as many of the worlds serious petroliana collectors are on OLDGAS. As soon as you put it in ebay, list only the item id number on OLDGAS, so members will cut and paste the number onto the ebay search box at the bottom of each forum, so OLDGAS gets a stipend from your sale which supports this list.

And if you do sell--I don't know what situation your elder friend is in, but were it me, I would split the proceeds with her. She probably did not know she was giving you such valuable treasures. Or, painful as it may be, you may want to offer them back to her because of their value. Good friends and neighbors are worth more than those signs. IMHO

Last edited by Nicole; Tue Nov 03 2015 09:19 AM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted By Danthepontiacman
True but value being hurt is what I worry about with it since it's kinda rough, I'm 30 so future value is a consideration but idk if it be worth less or more restored, any of y'all had any signed restored?

Had both these restored. Both were in worse shape though. I wouldnt restore yours though. It can always be undone though.
After:

Befores:

Quart and Liter can relidding and dent removal services.PM for detail and pricing.
Collecting Mobil and other graphic quart cans.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Best regards to you, Daniel, and congrats on owning these wonderful pump plates.

Perhaps the nice, older lady next door would enjoy some flowers...or being taken out for lunch. Just sayin'! John

D
OP Offline
D
I actually rewired a old wood wall phone to work on today's network and took it to her a while back but yeah I'm thinking more is in order

D
OP Offline
D
Thanks everybody for the information and helping me figure out what I had. Bless every one of you who educated me on the signs.

Last edited by Oldgas; Wed Nov 04 2015 06:53 PM. Reason: edit to conform with Guidelines
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved