Next Thread
Print Thread
#63641 Wed Jan 18 2006 11:56 AM
T
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
T
I have to say that I was not going to say something but I think I will after reading the posts as for the last 24 hours. I have not been to a gas show as of yet but one of my New Years Resolutions was to attend a show. I had big dreams of attending the Columbia, MO show since I grew up in southern MO. I thought that it might be a lot of fun. However I was unable to attend this year and from the looks of things....I am glad I didnt. It sounds like Cheese's show or the show in TN are my next two opptions. All depending on how things go this spring at work. I honestly think Cheese has the right idea and attitude. (I have never met Cheese but hope someday that I have that pleasure.) Attitude has a big influence on who I do business with. I may like a particular pump or sign but if I dont like the attitude of the person I am doing business with, I walk away no matter what the price is. Those few who have met me or did business with me, I think will say good things about me and I of them, and they know who they are.

As far as this whole mess...get over it. I am not going to say who is right or who is wrong cause I was not there so I dont feel right commenting on that aspect. All I got to say is that it is water over the dam and lets just try to get along and forgive others. I am sure your life is not perfect either. I also will say you just lost $50 from my wife and I in the future cause I dont have plans to attend your show now. I will spend my money at another show else where.

Enough said.

Happy Petro Hunting everybody.

Easy Butler

#63642 Wed Jan 18 2006 12:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
EASY, I TOTALLY DISAGREE......

...IT'S "WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE!"

DOC @ TAG.WEST

DOC @ THE AMERICAN GARAGE
#63643 Wed Jan 18 2006 01:07 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I wouldn't stay away from a show because of a problem someone else had there.
Some shows are more enjoyable than others. I recommend going to as many shows as possible if you're a serious collector.
You'd be hard pressed to find a more enjoyable show than Chip's. (I haven't been to one of Cheese's shows....yet).
It's a Gas is another show I haven't been to yet, but I haven't seen or heard anything that would keep me from going if I ever have the oppertunity to go. In fact I hear its a very good regional show.
If we don't support the shows they will cease to exist, so I plan on attending 4-6 shows this year.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#63644 Wed Jan 18 2006 01:21 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Everyone should agree with Easy on this one....STAY AWAY!! That way, I can buy everything!! Just kidding....this situation not withstanding, it was a really fun show and I bought 25 signs there as an early-bird buyer. I even gave Roger Cherry the "Freightliner Tour".....

#63645 Wed Jan 18 2006 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
FREIGHTLINERS ARE COOOOOLLL!!!!! THANKS AGAIN SETH!!!!!!!!!!

#63646 Wed Jan 18 2006 02:13 PM
P
P
I am going to attend my first showz this year also and will not let this problem influnce me in which ones to attend. The thing that will influnce me is that if a show last till a certain day and time that all dealers stay till it closes. Last year at The Food Lion Auto Fair I could not attend till Sunday. The event was advertised to close Sunday at 5pm. We went in at 9am and over 50% were gone another 15% packed up and half of the ones still left were packing. I did complain and Lowes Motor Speedway is going to send me passes/parking tickets to this springs event. I work part time for an RV dealer and the shows we work if we even attemp to pack anything before closing and are caught we can not come back. All shows should be this way for the paying customer attending. The dealers know up front show days and hours. If they can't be there the whole time stay home. The problem is most promoters lately will not enforce this because they may lose a dealers entrance fee. If we the buyers stay away because of this the promoters lose more. If I here of a show that dealers leave early I will not waste my time going. Just my 2 cents worth.

Greg

#63647 Wed Jan 18 2006 03:28 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I had a good time at the show, got some nice stuff, talked to some nice people. This is the closest gas show to where I live and was the first show I ever went to in Jan 2003. I am not going to stay home and not go to a show just because it is not run exactly the way I think or other people think it should be. I am looking for deals and not paying attention to the politics of the show. I get enough of that at work.
I am looking forward to next years Columbia show already.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
#63648 Wed Jan 18 2006 06:34 PM
O
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
O
This is what i have got to say!
If you dont like the $25 ealy buyers fee dont pay it dont come early. Come on Sat. $5 to get in ( each ) . I dont know of alot of other events that you dont have to pay for you&your spouse to get in.Example the fair you can pay that much if not more just so you can pay $30 to throw a ball at waited down milk bottles to win a $3 stuffed animal.
As for having fun if you dont have fun here your not trying . Theirs alawys friends to see and new ones to make at this show. I have only been the past two years and have had a blast both years,and seen people i already knew and have met knew ones . So dont go by other peopls opinion come and make your own.

hope to see you next year Ryan

WTB - Any thing from ILLINOIS FARM SUPPLY COMPANY
#63649 Wed Jan 18 2006 10:07 PM
I had a great time at the "It's A Gas" show this year. I got to talk to a bunch of Oldgas.com users, including quite a few unregistered guys who just read the posts and have not yet posted a message themselves. Several guys were outstandingly nice to me, including helping to spot things I love but didn't notice because I was too busy.

This event has consistantly been a good experience for me over the years. I know that you can't satisfy everyone in any business.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#63650 Thu Jan 19 2006 12:15 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I will be at the show next year also.I support this show no matter who runs it!5 dollars is a cheap price to pay for the show.The show is not huge but is fun and there always seems to be a little something for everyone.Go to the shows,you wont regret it.I plan on making it to Peotone also.I hope!

------------------

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved