Next Thread
Print Thread
#644675 Sat Jan 23 2016 01:48 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
I would like to repaint my Mobiloil Filpruf Lubster. I am looking at removing the lockable fill unit for ease for the repaint. I read the post below and it looks like there is a combination needed to open the fill unit, but how about completely removing the unit from the unit also. I don not have the combination to open the fill unit. Please help if you have any information.

Thanks, Petro

http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=35420

Mobiloil Filpruf Lubster.JPG
Last edited by Petro 2013; Sat Jan 23 2016 01:50 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
Any help on the removal of this lockable fill unit on my lubster.

C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Is the unit reachable from the interior of the lubester by removing the pump?

I don't remember if the pump bolts are nutted or thread into the lubester body. If you can gain access to the underside of the filpruf mechanism via removing the pump you may find it has a simple attachment from the underside that can be removed for restoration. While the unit is out I'd expect a 'key' can be made for the filpruf mechanism if someone is shown the original patent schematics the link to which are in that other thread.

Collecting anything keeps you young at heart!
P
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
P
I did remove the bolts that attach the pump to the container. As suspected the nuts then fell into the lubster. I removed the pump to find that there is only about a 2" dia. hole so no real accesses to the lockable fill unit. I may turn this into a display cabinet to display some of my Filpruf bottles, this would then give me the access needed. Luckly, I was just able to get my fingers through the 2" hole and reach the bolt mounting location to epoxy nuts to the inside of the container to reattach the pump.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved