R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Who's got pictures? I need pictures!

#64504 Mon Jan 16 2006 06:28 AM
M
M
sslick68, I did not see your items. Where were you in the building?? I would have remembered 5 Crowns if they were out!

#64505 Mon Jan 16 2006 11:41 PM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
I had to kinda set up outside,I got there a little late and couldnt make it on fri.I had about 25 globes a couple of signs and 2 visibles outside near the south side of the bulding.I sold every crown except 1.I think that I brought 6,cant remember!Are you needing one or something else?573 368 4853 steve

------------------

#64506 Tue Jan 17 2006 06:27 AM
M
M
Steve, I'm John Troxel, My partner, Mike Russell and I, are the promoters of It's A Gas! We spent thousands of dollars to gather over 500 potential buyers for your merchandise and you are too cheap to come inside and pay $65.00 for a space. You went home with a pocketful full of money and we got nothing for providing you with customers from all over the country. THANKS A LOT! We really enjoy class guys like yourself!! We had some spaces available inside if you would have inquired.
John Troxel
Mike Russell

#64507 Tue Jan 17 2006 07:01 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi- I agree with the promotors here- If there was space avail inside they should have been used- would be proper to send promotors payment for space- I have been at shows where they called to cops to run off parking lot sellers- Jusy my opinion-thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
#64508 Tue Jan 17 2006 07:30 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Welcome John (moparcrazy),
Do you have any pics you would like to post of your event? I know allot of us would like to see some eye candy.

I and others can post for you.

Kim

------------------

Wanted
*SuperAmerica SA, Holiday or Erickson
*Loxtercamp, Greenwald Service, Greenwald Standard Oil.
*Grey Crown Globe, Standard Oil Signs, Posters
#64509 Tue Jan 17 2006 07:41 AM
M
M
Hi Kim,
Mike and myself usually don't have time to think at the event so we do not have any photos. I know several people took some photos but we do not have access to them. Maybe they will share them here. We enjoyed that oldgas guru Jim Potts was on hand, maybe he will have some to share.
John

#64510 Tue Jan 17 2006 10:39 AM
S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
First of all,I couldnt make it on fri.(work)and I couldnt make it til later sat. morning.I didnt so to say plan to set up outside by any means.Most of the items I brought were already sold to buyers,as almost everyone does this.I took my globes out of my trailer and layed them out on blankets so I could get the visibles out that were also sold prior to show.The restored pump was also a delivery to a guy.3 of the crowns were also sold prior to the show.So before you start busting my balls about being cheap you should know the whole story.I got tired of guys just walking up in the trailer themselves to look as many of the guys do,at items already sold,just to break one of my globes.I wouldnt say I got rich by any means as there were not many people there when I was there approx. 3hrs.If you want to police the situation then maybe you better make comments on everyone else that was selling in the parking lot,not just me.I guess that I can go on an around the world vacation on the 2 or 3 crowns I actually sold THERE!Done here!On the better side I enjoyed the show even after getting hit in the back here!

------------------

#64511 Tue Jan 17 2006 10:57 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Steve- Just sent the promoters 65.00 and all in forgiven- If it wasnt for the show you would not have had a meeting point to sell your pumps and globes- thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
#64512 Tue Jan 17 2006 12:03 PM
M
M
Steve, We try to be reasonable, but, when someone takes advantage of the situation it is obvious. We had the event, rented the facility, paid security inside the building, sent out 1000 flyers, advertised it locally and nationally, and provided an event for cabin fever petro guys & gals to come to. We are OUT all the money to put this event on regardless of weather or turnout and all we expect in return is a reasonable sum of money to participate. If you profited from our event and did not pay to vend how does this differ from stealing? If someone can explain that to us we would like to hear it. Maybe your customers that had bought items in advance or made arraingements to look at them would not have purchased your items if they could not have met you there. We hate to be yahoos, or, horse's you know what, but what is right is right and what is wrong is wrong. You sir, are wrong.
John Troxel
Mike Russell

#64513 Tue Jan 17 2006 12:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Wow... I'm glad I didn't go now...

Wes

#64514 Tue Jan 17 2006 12:39 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
To John Troxel, Mike Russell and there wifes, the promoters of It's A Gas.
First do you have anything positive to ad to this forum?
STEVE IS A STRAIGHT UP GUY NOT A CHEAP GUY AT ALL.
I can't believe one guy sets up outside and you guys bust his butt......Did you lose a lot of money this year? Do you offer a discount to vendors who can't make it till Saturday?
Personalty I don't attend this show my wife and I were treated rudely by the promoters 2 years ago.They kept raising there early buyers entry fee and that was ok $25 is not a big deal but then out of the blue they said my wife had to pay also "because there were couples takeing adavange of them"
We were the only couple?I talked to one of the wifes (seems she ran the show) thats not rite to change the fees w/out telling anybody and accusing us of being underhanded,
her responce was thats the way it is your wife can sit here while you go in.....I said "no way is my wife going to sit at the door like a lost soul" ........I payed the $50 again the bucks don't matter to us ...but I refused to be treated as a second class citizen.
Sorry for going on.
REX LIKES OLDGAS

#64515 Tue Jan 17 2006 02:19 PM
B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
B
michigan gas show early bird 10.00 and that inc. a free bar-b-q meal http://www.bigcheesepetro.com/page4.html

#64516 Tue Jan 17 2006 04:42 PM
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
I am sorry. But I do not see the point in rashing one guy for this. People do it all over. If someone is going to a show what is the big deal in meeting them there & picking up something? Peoples lifes are busy & maybe this is the only time two people can meet. Granted you do have the money spent to advertise the show I except that. But what do you want out of Steve for this? I do not think riding his but about it is going to cure anything but tick people off. If you do not want it done make it well known that it is not excepted. This is all I have to say about this & it is my two cents. Thank you.

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
#64517 Tue Jan 17 2006 05:51 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
That's one reason I didn't go, was the $25 for Kristin who doesn’t really give a Rats A** about the stuff, but likes to make sure I don't spend the kids college money on the stuff. And there is no way she is sitting in the car or out front of the show. I'm telling ya, it's not the money it's the principle of it.

I'm not getting down on the promoter of the show, they can charge what they want and make up any rules they want. I have only so many Vacation days, and I can go to only so many shows.

The funny thing is, I had something to pick up from Steve, that I bought from him off Ebay.

Always looking for SKELLY items.
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved