Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
Hi, Guys. I am a new member that just found your website! I have a Guarantee Measure (Fry) Speedboy Model 70 visible gas pump that I am going to restore. It has been in my family for over 40 years. My mom and dad brought it home in the early 70's and my dad (an electrician) turned it into a yard light in the backyard ! Best I remember, they bought 2 pumps (used 1 for parts) for $15 total from the owners of a closed country gas station. Anyway, I have the pump now and am planning on restoring it. I've looked on the internet, but so far I haven't found too much information about the Model 70, only that it was made in 1928. I haven't been able to find many parts for it. Any information about the Model would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
What info do you need ? It is a very simple pump. Dave

Last edited by Catauladave; Sun Feb 14 2016 11:59 AM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
R
OP Offline
R
Thanks for the reply. Basically, most sites that I have found list parts for Models 71, 72, 73 etc, but I haven't found that many for a Model 70. The information that I have found indicates that only a few thousand of the Model 70's were made. Are parts for the Model 71, 72, 73 etc interchangeable with the Model 70? Thanks

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
No. The 70,71,80, and 81 are basically similar.72,73,82, and 83 are similar. Pages 175-176 in Jack's book shows these models. Notice the section under the cylinder. Dave

Last edited by Catauladave; Sun Feb 14 2016 12:05 PM.

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He might not know about the book. Anyone have a link to it?

Travis

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Sorry, but the Gas Pump ID book (2nd Ed) is out of print and out of stock. As soon as I can work out a few details the 3rd Edition will be available.

I don't have any info on the 70, I felt luck I was able to find a color picture to use in my books.

Information on other Fry pumps can be found on this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/guarantee%20pumps.htm

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved