Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
Hey all, I wanted to share a few images of this pump I was able to finally get my hands on. I first saw this pump over a year ago. I knew this pump was special the minute I laid eyes on it..but I assumed it was a Wayne 60T at first glance. It wasnt for sale the first time I saw it so I put it out of my mind. I asked the owner if he decided to part with it let me be first shot and he agreed. Well fast forward about a year and I did some other deals with this gentlemen and I brought up the pump. He agreed to do some trading for it but we'd get to it sooner or later..OH THE PAIN!

Well once I knew there may be a chance at owning it I went in for a closer look. It in fact was not a Wayne 60T but the ID tag said Aqua 8?0T. I couldnt for the life of me fully make it out in the dark with just my cell phone screen as a flashlight. It was in a very dark corner of a barn with no electricity. But it was surely no Wayne. It also didnt help that is was partially taken apart, had the wrong faces on it and I couldnt find any other markings anywhere at the time. Well for a few months I discussed it with a few fellow OG's and was able to come to a conclusion that this pump was most likely a new discovery that hadn't been noted to date.

Well as exciting as that was I still had to get my hands on it. After a few months I was able to strike a deal and it came home. Well once I got it home into the light I cleaned up the ID tag and could now clearly see it read 800T on the ID tag! Very cool but I was staring at a pump that had a few wrong pieces on it, no faces and a simply awful incorrect paint color for Tydol. A previous owner unfortunately decided to gut and restore it and did a not so great job. Well once it was painted in the wrong colors I had no choice but to bring it back to it's original Tydol life with my first attempt at a rustoration. I have some finishing touched to do to give it some more patina but it's a start. I want to thank a few members of OG for all the help through the months trying to figure this mystery out. A big thank you to Jack Sim, Bob Richards and Matt Alvarez for the countless emails back and forth helping solve the case.

tydol3.jpg tydol4.jpg

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Very nice find congrats ..Tom

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sweet pump! Congratulations!

Braden Splichal

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eric looks great! But, about that shoebox.... LOL

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That's a rustoration? I would love to see your over the top stuff. Looks great. Nice find.

Last edited by Gasman84470; Sat Apr 16 2016 04:44 PM.
E
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
E
I know Bob shame on me. I'm working on the correct lenses for the scheme.

Mainly focused on Oilzum, Jenney, Harris Oil items & original paint gas pumps.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Eric, I know you are; I just had to be a smarta$$...

The Pump does look great and I see you "found" the correct Tydol "Orange" color for it...

You have done a terrific job on the Aqua, IMO!

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Looks great.

Kurt

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
One fine pump!!!!

Thanks Grant
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
It looks much better in orange and black than it did in the incorrect green and white it was in before. Awesome pump.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved