Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
TO ALL OLD GASSERS!!!! HOW`S YOUR COVERAGE ON YOUR ITEM`S YOU COLLECT??? I LIVE IN A TOWNHOME AND HAVE MOST OF MY COLLECTABLES IN MY GARAGE.MY GARAGE IS ATTACHED TO MY NEIGHBOR AND HE HAD A FIRE 2 DAYS AGO WHICH COMPLETELY DESTROYED HIS GARAGE ABOUT 25% OF MINE WHICH CONNECTS IS GONE.LOST MOST OF HIS HOUSE BUT I CAME OUT OK ONLY LOOSING 10 SIGNS MOSTLY VEEDOL ONES..I`M VERY LUCKY NOT TO LOSE ALL MY ITEMS WHICH I HAVE OVER 1250 ITEMS MOSTLY HANDY OILERS---FLYING A- ITEMS QT CANS-THERMOMETERS ETC..I JUST WANTED TO PUT THIS OUT TO EVERYONE TO MAKE SURE THEY HAVE ENOUGH COVERAGE ON ALL YOUR STUFF AND CURRENT VALUE.... TTXS ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Always looking for::
Veedol-Tydol-Tidex-Cycol-Tycol.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ouch.... Alan, if you need any help over there, give me a call...

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Alan,
I am glad it was not worse for you. Very good advice. Better to know your coverage before it is too late.
Mike

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Also have lots of Pictures to prove what you have lost and if possible keep the pictures somewhere other then your own home. I put a lot off mine up on the web and also keep a disk at my parents house.

Glad it was not so bad for you Alan!

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
TXS TO ALL.I DID HAVE PICTURES OF ALL MY STUFF,I ALWAYS UPGRADE THEM AT LEAST 4 TIMES A YR.DEPENDING ON HOW MANY THINGS I HAVE HAVE BOUGHT,BUT POWERLUBE YOU BROUGHT UP A GOOD IDEA TO PUT ON A DISK,I THINK I WILL DO THAT FOR SURE!!!!TXS FOR THE IDEA....THE WORST PART HAS BEEN TAKING EVERYTHING DOWN AND BOXING UP SO THE GARAGE CAN BE REBILT..WHAT A PAIN!!!!!!! ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Alan- no need to box it up just bring it over to my house

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
TXS SCOTT..YOU SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH ROOM????ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Sure I am already sleeping on the couch, if I brought your stuff over I could keep it company in the garage

Scott Wright
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTFULLNESS,,,THAT WHAT I LIKE ABOUT ALL THE OLD GASSERS,,,CARING ABOUT EA OTHER..ALAN

Big Al`s Garage
C
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
C
this is a story about gas pumps, and insurance. i will try to keep it short.my daughter bought me Jack Sims gas pump book for my birthday right after it came out in 2002,not two weeks after i got it, i recieved a call from a man in Leroy, Illinois, who had a terrible fire the day before, and had lost his whole machine shed. his 55 chevie, his ATV, all his tools, and 21 gas pumps of all styles, visables, clockfaces, M&S,electrics of all kinds. it was a total loss. they were all in original condition, no restored ones. we worked about 8 to 10 hours identifying 20 0f the 21 using Jacks book. the man did not, have a rider on his policy for pumps. we took the book value, and added 25% to it for insurance purpose. His adjuster did complain a little bit, but finally accepted our values. he did not do nearly as well on his 55 chevie, or ATV or his tools, he was still fighting weeks later. my point is our collections can be insured as a collection and does cost but , replacement can really be expensive. I became friends with the man who lost all the pumps, and he started collecting again. he had accumulated that many pumps because his job was a power company lineman, and covered many square miles of rural areas where a lot of pumps were located.I do keep a lot of pictures but probably do not update my policy often enough. shame on me. thanks for your time, Norm Huff.

Norm Huff
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Wow Al. Sorry to hear about that. I worry all the time about my stuff. I have nightmares that I open my garage door and it's ALL gone. Can't tell you how many times I've gone out at 3AM to check the locks. Hopefully everyone is OK. The stuff can be replaced.

And Scott...I can't believe your wife is letting you sleep on the couch!!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
He must have a couch in the GARAGE ! lol
db

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If thieves broke into my home,there's only one thing I'd say to them.
"Take my Wife..Please!.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Speaking of insurance, any recommendations for a good company? What about appraisals?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Man, I know now that I probably do not have enough Thanks for this post Al.

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved