Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I agree with Bryce's assessment pretty much. A lot of pieces I would love to have had, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. Seems like I would bid hard to a point where I just had to pull back and then it would go a couple grand higher. And always keeping the 20% juice in the back of my mind halted me many times. But it was fun and I did get a couple pieces. It's hard to remember this is just a hobby and keep it in check, when there are pieces you know may never come around again. I for one am grateful we all have this opportunity at least once in our lifetime. After all, it took Kyle a good portion of his lifetime to put it together. And as I looked thru the catalog while I was on the computer yesterday and thought about the first two sales, this one and one to come, it really struck me as to the volume of beautiful and rare pieces he assembled. I spent one day with him going thru his collection about 10 yrs. ago and remember coming out feeling totally in awe. And yes, most pieces would be a headliner anywhere else.

H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Originally Posted By Tankar
Whats funny is I have delt with buyers with deep pockets and they dont want to give a thing for it but if there at the auctions then they have no problem spending it.

I am not surprised. IMO, if it were not for "auctions", sellers will never get "market vale" (or beyond) for their items.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You know there has been a fair bit of generalization about Morphy auction buyers. While I wasn't at any of them nor looked at the other two events this one caught my eye as there were a few globes there that would be hard to get in my collecting lifetime. So I bid on a few and bagged one. Did I spend more than I should have? Probably, especially if you ask my wife, but there weren't going to be too many chances for me to get that globe. I know a few guys that went into the auction with the same philosophy; they weren't deep pocket guys, just collectors who want that item! However there is no rationalizing a 1300 rabbits foot! LOL

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved