Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#653949 Mon Apr 25 2016 06:41 AM
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Believe it or not it's Monday again. Warm temps are forecast all week but some severe storms are coming in mid week. The rain will be welcome as long as the high winds and bad stuff stay out if the mix. I spent a good part of the weekend watching the big auction so now it's time time try and get some things done around here. There where two or three globes in the sale that I would've liked to have but decided beforehand that I wasn't going to bid with the high costs of the sale and delivery just taking the fun out of it for me. Two of the three I wanted actually went for a lot less than I expected and even with the fees would've been decent buys if I had wanted them bad enough. Looked to me like the hype and frenzy of this auction series is waning a bit as many items brought less than the low estimate with most somewhere in the middle of the range. As usual, a few things brought way higher prices but that's the beauty of an auction when there's at least two people who want an item bad enough. Hope some of you got things you wanted, there was sure a lot of beautiful pieces. Have a great week everyone......GB

Rabbitman #653953 Mon Apr 25 2016 06:52 AM
Good morning gang!

I did not watch the auction at all. About a month ago I was getting things set up to try and purchase the rare freedom globe, but then I stumbled on a good pump.

Looks like a cold week in store here. Highs today only about 35 and very windy. Our bowling banquet is tonight, glad to have bowling season done!

Have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Rabbitman #653967 Mon Apr 25 2016 07:57 AM
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning all Great day here with rain moving in for the rest of week. Or a chance of it I guess. I'll take my chances.
No auction for me ,I've been back and forth to the place in the country. Grass is full bore as the cold snaps has slowed its growth till now.
The auction items I was watching are above my fixed income cap. Just as I expected so no disappointment. There is one more rarest of the rare. It wouldn't surprise me if it doesn't even come to auction.

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Rabbitman #653971 Mon Apr 25 2016 08:45 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning all!
Rain here yesterday and it continues for today! Temps are low too, making it kind of miserable to be outside!
I want to get started with summer fishing and this little story from the end of last week, has spurred my interest! It was only a matter of time before someone caught a really "TROPHY" northern pike here in Devils Lake! There have been a lot of 40+ size fish taken over the years, so we knew there had to be a few monsters lurking out there! This kids dad is one of the top Northern Pike fishermen in the area, so he probably had some good guidance while looking for the big one! He did it while standing on the shoreline too!
My boats ready, now only if the weather would cooperate!
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Pike 1.jpg Pike 2.jpg

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
Rabbitman #653979 Mon Apr 25 2016 10:03 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Geez Kevin looks like they've got steroids in Devils Lake! I used to love catching those things, although we called them jackfish. They have more fight than the more prized walleye (pickerel). Great catch to keep that guy on a fly line is luck and talent. I used to use 12" leaders T prevent the fish from cutting the line. My longest was 36" and 28lbs. Next best thing to a muskie. Good luck with this year's fishing and hopefully you catch (and release) a trophy yourself!

Rabbitman #654032 Mon Apr 25 2016 08:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well it's another Monday on it's way out. Had to work yesterday--outside all day--so recovering today. Feeling my age I guess, and not as strong as I used to be even though work was just walking around talking to vendors. Ah well...

Would rather have been fishing. That is one big dang fish Kevin! Maybe you'll catch him next...

GB, Ryan, Loyd, Kevin, Fred and the rest of you all--have a great week!

Last edited by Nicole; Mon Apr 25 2016 08:06 PM.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved