Next Thread
Print Thread
#654167 Wed Apr 27 2016 09:19 AM
T
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
T
42" Pontiac sign under antiques with what I call the wave. Haven't seen this sign except in a 5 footer

Last edited by Tbirdgas; Wed Apr 27 2016 09:20 AM.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
The 42" waves are all over eBay, thanks to India. I'm NOT an expert on these but the one listed on CL appears to be an "import".

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Porcelain-PONTIAC-SERVICE-DOUBLE-SIDED-42-INCHES-ENAMEL-SIGN-/272140869036?hash=item3f5cdc1dac:g:xQsAAOSwx-9WyefP

Aaron

Looking for National Old Trails Road Signs NOTR and Arizona State/US Route and Road Signs.
H
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
H
Aaron,

The seller has a US made sign: Hood Tire

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272223532176

Is this Seller actually from India?

The reason I ask: Another Seller from here sells the same sign (I believe) for $59/or Best Offer:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/381551623516

Hen

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hi Hen,

The link I posted to the Pontiac sign is from a seller in India. There are several more 42" Pontiac "wave" signs on ebay from India as well. I've notice many eBay sellers buying the foreign made junk and reselling it....just having a US address gives it a little more credibility I guess. I'm sure we will see outlets, such as CL, being used to mask the true origin for this garbage.

IMHO I think your "US made" sign for Hood Tire is also Indian made. There are differences between the two signs you linked, biggest being color.

Again I am not an expert, just calling it as I see it!

Aaron

Looking for National Old Trails Road Signs NOTR and Arizona State/US Route and Road Signs.
T
Veteran Member
OP Online Content
Veteran Member
T
Aaron thank you for your response,don't follow ebay to much anymore with all the phony stuff on there now. It's a shame this collector has turned to doing this. At a swap meet a couple months ago he had a lot of phony stuff and claimed
he bought a collection. I've heard he had/has an outstanding collection. Runing his reputation of among local collectors. He also sells stuff for a really big time collector sometimes,but I won't buy anything from him now because you can't trust him.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings *

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved