Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65544 Wed Feb 02 2005 12:42 PM
P
OP Offline
P
The auction inventory for the Vic's 66, Feb. 12th, sale is now live at www.bidspotter.com. We will be making any changes necessary to descriptions. The descriptions are sort of preliminary, so if you see a discrepency, please bear with us. We have had so many calls as to when it would be ready, that we rushed to at least get all the pix on! Hope everyone will go take a look!

Thanks,
Erin Robbins
Vic's 66

[This message has been edited by PetroGirl (edited 02-02-2005).]

F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Is Vic's standing behind all the globes in this auction as being Orginal and Not Repops?? thanks Paul

------------------

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
As always, anything bought in my auction that proves to be un-authentic is subject to a full refund. That being said, I can vouch for the globes fairly easily as most are mine & the rest I have in my possession. I generally kick out a few things each year if I have doubts, so bid confidently. BUT, I have had problems in the past with people that had buyer's remorse and gave me the old "my buddies say it doesn't look right to them" line. This doesn't qualify, but back on subject, all the globes are the righteous deal, no doubts in my mind. What cracks me up every year is the guy who shows up and starts pontificating about something's originality and casting all kinds of doubts whether something is real, or if a sign is touched up or not. Then after they get everybody wondering & doubting, there they are in the corner biddin' the fool out of the very piece they were bad-mouthing. It's a cheap trick, but someone always does it. Seth/Vic's '66'

[This message has been edited by Seth Robbins (edited 02-02-2005).]

K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
WHAT KIND OF WEATHER CAN WE EXPECT? I NO YOU AREN'T A ATLANTIC WEATHER MAN LOL.
REX MIGHT GO

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Rex...last year in the 5 days leading up to the sale we had a low of 8 & a high of 80. Extended forecast calls for 40's-50's, so any precip will be liquid in nature. It will be 70 & dry in the building....also a great little church youth group does the concessions, some people come just for the pie!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seth, Glad to hear you stand behind what you're selling. That's a big plus for you and your buyers.
I've seen that old auction trick too. It only works on the buyers that haven't bothered to learn about what they collect.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
seth... just saw the offerings... I WISH I COULD ATTEND !!!... looks to be a good one... best of luck !!!

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Seth,
You said the magic word, PIE !!!!!!!
You can count on Rex being there.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved