Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
I'm sure that most of us have one or more Alemite Grease Guns in our Collections...

But, does anyone know the "back story" about their bakelite Overcoat buttons? For those that are not familiar with them, they are approx. 1-1/4" in dia. and read: "Change to ALEMITE Temprite WINTER Gear Lubricant" on the front. And on the back of the button it reads around the outer edge: "when you button up your overcoat" and inside the edge it reads: "REMEMBER YOUR CAR"....

Here are two photos from the Ebay Auction that has one of these buttons (#152114951555) :

Also, was ALEMITE Lubrication Services closely affiliated with any specific Oil Company(s)? I picked up an Alemite Uniform patch the other day, also:

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
Button up your overcoat was a popular song in the late 20's and early 30's. It was used in ads to remind people to care for their vehicle with cold weather coming and thinner oil needed.

M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I wrote an article about the Alemite company and their license plate toppers and advertising. It is in the June/July Check the Oil magazine.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved