Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#65871 Sun Apr 18 2004 11:39 AM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Lets start this thread and post what you got at the show or auction. I wish I could have gone to the show but just couldn't. The globe pictured is just like the one I went to the auction to buy but got out bidded... I was back up bidder. I bought this globe from John O'Hern at the show and again thanks John. I think John O'Hern had about as many globes in the van as they did at the auction. LOL I have been wanting one for a couple of years and I now have one. LOL Again Aumann Auction did another great auction and great to see the oldgas guys. Sorry Jeff (JORECO) didn't get his globe to. I got to meet Roger Cherry which I have talked to on the phone a couple of times but never had meet. I also got to meet Elden (ss454elcamino5) for the first time and talked to Richard Weir (pegasus) which I have meet a few times and the regular guys Bob Drake (lastgas15) and Rex Benson. Rex hasn't post in such a long time I forgot his oldgas name. LOL

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#65872 Sun Apr 18 2004 11:53 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Beautiful globe John..very cool..thanks for sharing.

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#65873 Sun Apr 18 2004 02:55 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hey Jarvis, was that my imagination or did it look like John's vans rear bumper was about to drag the ground from all the globes in the back!!LOL

#65874 Sun Apr 18 2004 09:36 PM
Hi Guys, don't have anything to post because I didn't come back with anything, but that is all right. My wallet thanks me. I had a blast talking with guys I had met before (Bob, Rex, Jarvis) and meeting new guys. I met a lot of guys that I knew and dealt with over the internet, but never put a name with a face (Richard Weir, Roger Cherry, John O'Hern, Elden, and last but not least Dwaine). I liken it to listening to a radio station and finally meeting a DJ face to face or seeing a picture. You feel like you already know them. I shared a cold unit with Mike Howell (fins n vtwins-thanks Mike) and Bob Drake. It was cool. I also saw some nice stuff, learned a lot, and heard a few new jokes. All in all a good trip.

#65875 Mon Apr 19 2004 06:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Great globe John. I know you've been chasing that one for awhile.

I got skunked at the auction but had fun anyway.
We had a blast at the show! Met oldgas brothers Mike, Dwaine, Elden, Larry, and Roger. Saw several old friends too.
I managed to buy a capco Cities Service globe at a bargain price, and picked up a few other items too. Visited with Mike for quite awhile. You gotta see his Cadillac pick up truck. He did a great job on it.

I've got a few pictures I'll get posted later.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#65876 Mon Apr 19 2004 09:09 PM
P
P
Another interesting auction outing! I picked up two signs....a Socony "keyhole" lubster and a Mobilgas pump plate with a hard-to-find font style. Didn't get either of the two globes I was after, but did like John Jarvis and bought one from John O'Hern in the parking lot....a 13 1/2" Wadhams Ethyl on wide-body glass. Seeing old friends and meeting new folks was the real highlight, as always. Looking forward to the Reed auction in July.....the Aumann folks had pictures and it includes some killer signs!!

Richard

Richard Weir
Corinth, Texas
#65877 Mon Apr 19 2004 09:12 PM
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
WHY WON'T REX POST? WE MISS YOU REX!!!!!!!

#65878 Tue Apr 20 2004 01:47 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think Rex is still trying to figure out how to polish the top of his new chimmney topped Wadhams globe. LOL Come on Rex, lets hear from you!!!!!!!!!!!!

#65879 Tue Apr 20 2004 04:58 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I certainly am a cheerleader for good ol Big Rex. I miss his posts a great deal.

------------------
Hubba the GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Shoreline WA

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved