Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
arw #670026 Tue Oct 25 2016 02:57 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Im not telling anyone what they should think or do, but Ive bought a fair number of parts from Ron and have never had a problem. I will continue to do so until he pulls the plug. I send in my wants through email and he sends the parts with a bill. I dont send him tons of inquires because I know he is overwhelmed with work, as well as other personal stuff. You say he should hire some one. Maybe he doesnt want too. Maybe he cant find some one who shares his passion. Its his company, and he seems to have quite a number of customers. On our first deal, I couldnt believe he sent the parts before payment and trusted a stranger. Not every one deals with stress in the same way. Not every one is capable of being a saint all the time. To say we should all be great at treating people like we think they should is unrealistic. (See Mother Teresa).His work is his passion- dealing with people, not so much.Im sure,like me, Ron loves his dog too. For me, its not a personality contest. He makes amazing parts-and lots of them. We have lots of guys at work who love to talk and socialize all day long but are far less than adequate at their "profession" Others that wont give you the time of day who are great, talented workers . I would take the latter on my crew every day of the week. Every once in awhile you find the "perfect" guy- but eventually the chink in their armor is revealed and he comes down off his pedestal. Lots of times, ***** kissers have gotten that way for a reason. Some people work with their hands -some people get through with their mouth. I think Ron is so passionate at what he does ,that basically he created a monster. Look at his list of parts. Its amazing what one guy has done. Ron is so good at what he does and is at the age where he doesnt need to deal with whatever his perception of bull ***** is, and for all of us- our perception is our reality.
Years ago, I once had a semi blow out with another vendor , and didnt make a big deal out of it on a public forum, I apologized for my part in the situation and didnt expect anything in return from him. Eventually we both got over it and I have bought stuff from him since....

Last edited by JimT; Tue Oct 25 2016 03:12 AM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
overandout #670029 Tue Oct 25 2016 04:27 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I've had nothing but good experiences with Ron he is my go to guy for parts and if he doesn't have them he will try and find it for you... Jim

West Coast signs, globes and quarts
overandout #670031 Tue Oct 25 2016 04:48 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Same here,Ron has always been helpful,and sent parts as soon as he could. Doesn't usually have time to chat much,but that's cause he's usually busier than heck packing parts.

Looking for gas,oil related clocks,especially neon and spinners .clock repair available. Mick
overandout #670032 Tue Oct 25 2016 05:02 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hate it when this site becomes a forum to vent about a deal gone bad.

It's great when we are advised of a rip off artist ... but threads about emails not getting returned or getting hung up on ... sounds like a bunch of women.

Ohio Oil #670033 Tue Oct 25 2016 05:14 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Dave Jones
It's All Just Stuff
overandout #670036 Tue Oct 25 2016 06:21 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Quit your crying and find someone else to make your parts.

overandout #670037 Tue Oct 25 2016 06:42 AM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
Saw this post and could not help but want to comment. Have had my impatient go arounds with all the gas pump parts guys for sure. One thing I did with all of them at the get go was to keep on asking when, why can't, and when. Took me a few years to realize that everyone else had 15-50 people asking them to do the same thing and I would just have to wait like everyone else.
We are not in the big dollar market of parts here like say the auto parts national stores, but have a few dedicated people who service our hobby. They may all wish to have more help or less help, but who doesn't and who can afford this?
Ron has always came through for me with my parts and yes information. Been around the block with him for over thirty years I believe and I would hope to be there longer.
Is he busy, you bet, does he have his own personal things going on, You bet.
He still helps a lot of people. I can't say as to what else goes on, but I know one thing, one by one the guys who make stuff in the hobby may go away. We will be looking and wishing they were still here, god knows we have lost a lot of the older collectors.

Our friend Dick Bennett comes to mind, Uncle Dick

Craig
overandout #670038 Tue Oct 25 2016 06:48 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Opinions are like asses everyone has one and most of them stink.

overandout #670088 Tue Oct 25 2016 04:13 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Ron has been nothing but great to me for everything I have ever needed. We have always gotten along and never have I had a bad experience with him. What he has done and continues to do for all of us is a blessing to us. Yes he is terribly busy and sure sometimes things get on his nerve just like anyone else. Just my opinion about Ron and our past dealings. Nothing but good things to say about him.

Braden Splichal

overandout #670173 Wed Oct 26 2016 03:37 PM
J
J
I think mr ron scobie is one of the best in the business has helped me a lot just gets very busy at times need to wait our turn.on the other hand could tell about some others but won't .have met some pump guys that started the word rude .try to treat every one the same and be up front.to all have a bless day

overandout #670177 Wed Oct 26 2016 05:24 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Rons the man in my book !

dundign #670179 Wed Oct 26 2016 05:34 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I just bought some Roman Parts and i didn't have any problem at all.......

Rare pumps, Chevrolet items, Goldon Tip Gasoline, Marathon (running man)
Cell # 1-502-396-3435 email lowright@aol.com
overandout #670182 Wed Oct 26 2016 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Okay let me get this straight. Someone decides to "restore" a pump. They come on here and ask for help.
"I have a Southwest visible ok 7d that I am restoring. I need help finding a few items if anyone can help point me in the right direction. I need to find the bottom cast base, the bottom cast piece of the visible tank part and also where I might find a place that either carries or services the old internal semi-rotary hand pump. Thanks for the approval and any help you can give."

So the ONE man who supplies the rarest parts available in the hobby should jump up and down when he receives an order from that person. One man in his early seventies who has a life and family outside of this hobby. He should hire someone to help OR GET OUT OF THE HOBBY! If you haven't restored more than one or two pumps in your life that are older than you are, YOU NEED TO SLOW DOWN AND LEARN OR GET OUT OF THE HOBBY.
Ron has been supplying RARE parts to people in the hobby longer than anybody. If and when Ron pulls the plug the hobby will know it. I don't see anyone starting a competing business. Big deal you can have one part made. Try making hundreds. This is NOT a business for Ron. He retired many years ago and I don't believe he needs the money. He truly loves the hobby.
Bottom line to the people who don't like Ron or will never spend a dime with him again. You are the MINORITY.
STICK YOUR FINGER IN A GLASS OF WATER AND PULL IT OUT AND SEE WHAT KIND OF HOLE YOU LEAVE.

Email :john@barnquiltshop.com

"The Fun Is In The Hunt"
Web site: www.barquiltshop.com/
overandout #670183 Wed Oct 26 2016 06:59 PM
C
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
C
That is funny, had to laugh.

Who thinks of these things ??

Craig
Craig Osbeck #670198 Wed Oct 26 2016 09:35 PM
E
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
E
wink Craig, these funny short quips are just an "Old Cooter's Thing." Another dying Art that will be lost some day. You never hear Malenials talking that way! LOL.
Ed.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved