Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
L
OP Offline
L
Ha. Those are the same guys from the earlier posted pic. Perhaps the same time as the pic that I posted. I wonder if they were from corporate...

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This weathervane was made by a Calif. collector 20 years ago. Supposed to me made to spec, except he had the Eagle powder coated. All milled brass. Quite pretty. I have seen a original, with black painted Eagle. I had my son make a base so I could display it.

richweathrvane.jpg
L
OP Offline
L
I believe that this design is from later stations. You can clearly see the airplane on the earlier stations.

L
OP Offline
L
If you guys are on Facebook I've been posting pics of the station there in the group "Richfield Beacons".

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Layne Chrishenson screened these for some of us years ago when he was restoring signs, as I had done in the eighties, I gave him a original plain black eagle and got what you see in the photo back. I never put mine up on the roof, this is a good way to display one in doors....Tom

J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Does anyone have any dates for these pictures?

Bowser made at least three pump models, each of which they called the "Xacto Sentry." Which model do you think they are?

The history of gas pumps is that they always got shorter, because the car kept getting lower, if there are dials in those round holes it appears they would be very hard to read from the front seat of a car. Was there possibly a dial somewhere lower?

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
L
OP Offline
L
I believe they're all from 1929 or 30.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved