Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#676270 Mon Jan 09 2017 09:28 AM
Nicole Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Bob just showed me our temperature monitor and it got to be -1 degree F (-18C) on our back porch early this morning. Not good news for the Agave Bob transplanted to our new house in the Fall of 2015. But just like many evergreens (think cut Christmas Tree) succulents don't show they are is dead for a month or so. This plant can take freezing temperatures, but this might have been too cold. Too icy to take a picture of the plant covered with snow, but here's a pic of it when it was transplanted. The plan was to have it as a centerpiece surrounded by rocks and other succulents including cacti.

Schools are closed today, because they plowed yesterday and the sun was shining so the snow was melting (even when temps stayed in the teens) and of course froze up. So side roads and parking lots are sheets of ice.

Even if your temps are lower, I hope your roads are less icy...

Agaveathouse.jpg
Last edited by Nicole; Mon Jan 09 2017 09:30 AM.
Nicole #676271 Mon Jan 09 2017 09:34 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Morning Nicole and all the rest of Old Gas Land! Temps are definitely colder (-16) and our roads are icy all winter long in this country! LOL
We are supposed to be headed for zero, or just above today, but we have 2 days of light snow coming at us again. They say we could get another 4 inches over the next 2 days? We will just pile it on top of what we already have though and we won't even notice it. LOL
Have a great day on me!!--KEVIN

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved