Page 1 of 2 1 2
#68948 Mon Nov 06 2006 08:30 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
I'm not sure if this has been posted but, if not, here goes. Doug was a well known, well liked buyer/seller out of Oregon. He passed away this past year after a pretty short illness. He is sorely missed by all his friends. His wife went to their home in Wolfcreek, Oregon and found that some scum had cleaned out the place. See list attached if you run across any of this beware. The local police say they can't do anything "because they don't have the manpower or equipment". Can you believe that?
Heres' the list:
1) 1979 Yellow Chevy 2 door Spider (has black spider painted on hood....original) with rebuilt race motor. Lic # KRK141 Veh. ID # 1RO7G97206210
2) 1991 Ford Crew Cab, 4 Door, Diesel F350 Pickup. Cab is white(original) has a new flat bed with 5th wheel hook up. Has long running boards along both sides of cab. Lic# XXF554
Veh. ID#2FTJW36M1MCA28113
3) One 4200 Wt. Generator Purchased from Costco
4) One new Wolfe Commercial Propane Range with 4 burners and a grill top and an overly large sized oven. New, never used. All stainless/silver in color.
5) Several antique gas pumps, fully restored.
6) Two restored antique air meters.......quite tall (over 8 ft)
7) Wood and glass antique phone booth
8) Antique wood armoire (furniture closet)
9) Restored antique dental cabinet, off white in color, approx 5' tall
10) New in box, portable hospital bed
11) Antique double size brass bed frame
12) New propane refrigerator/freezer
13) Oak antique roll top desk, very large
14) Antique nickel and brown leather barber chair
15) Antique metal freezer approx 4' tall and painted white
16) Two antique brass cash registers
17) Oak floor model file cabinet
18) Red Mobile Horse Cut Out Metal Sign
19) Indian Motorcycles Flange Sign
20) 15-20 Antique Aladdin Keronsene Lamps, both floor and table models
21) Chain Saw Blade Sharpener (electric)
22) Two folding wooden antique childrens chairs
23) Antique camel back trunk
24) Dark Wood Rectangular Trunk with oriental carving
25) Many old advertizing signs in tin and enameled metal
26) Green upholstered fabric recliner
27) Antique Maple Drop Leaf Table
28) Two antique wooden end tables
29) Large fishing tackle box full of tackle
30) Several "dumb bell" style weights
31) Snow Skis
32) Logging Supplies, including chains, cables, block and tackles
33) Chevy 427 Big Block Motor
34) Chevy 327 Small Block Motor
35) Two antique wood portable commodes (tiolots)
36) Antique white gravity flow toilot
37) Several animal traps including large bear traps
38) Two table top showcases
39) Large Clown Oil Painting
40) Antique Floor Model Green Painted Cast Iron Coat/Hat Stand
41) Antique tin bathtub with oak rim and cast iron claw feet
42) Lots of hand and power tools
43) Lots of antique automobile and petroleum Items including oil drums, oil cans, signs, gas pumps, oil pumps, display racks, oil bottles, battery boxes and items from old gas stations
44) Many Texaco gas station attendant teddy bears in original boxes
45) Many Texaco gas station airplanes in original boxes
46) Many Texaco gas station vehicle banks in original boxes
47) Boxes and plastic containers full of men's clothing
48) Old Cattle Skull
49) Old Horse Skull
50) Punching Bag with Wood Hanger
51) Persian Rug with Indian print
52) Many antique braided rugs
53) Several sleeping bags
54) Blue and White tin LaundroMat Sign
55) Large Anvil Attatched to a piece of wood like a R/R Tie
56) Several Long Yellow Electical Extention Cords
57) Large Coors Beer Tin
58) Several Fire Extinguishers
59) Two Life Vests For Water Skiing
60) Boxed Harley Davidson Toy Airplanes
61) Household items such as pots and pans, dishes, utensils, etc.
62) Copper water line actually removed from interior walls of house
63) 10-15 Moving Blankets
64) Collection of Indian Decorated Bottles
65) Collection of Cast Iron Indian Bookends
66) Colledction of Cast Iron Indian Heads
67) Collection of Various Indian Decorated Items including pictures, nick nacks, etc
68) Several antique homemade quilts
69) Antique Wood Trunk full of bedding
70) Box of young men's jewelry (beaded necklaces, watches, rings and earings)
Not much help with no real description but someone might see a bunch of this stuff for sale.
Ray

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#68949 Mon Nov 06 2006 08:52 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
What I don't understand is how could all of this be stolen? Aren't there any neighbors or anyone that might have seen anything? It must have taken the thief, or thieves, a long time and many trips to get all of this stuff.

It's very sad as to what happened. The thieves will get what's coming to them in the end. Kharma is a bitch!

Ilya

#68950 Mon Nov 06 2006 09:01 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
rest assured.... way to much to "fence". most likely these morons will put it up on ebay. guess what.... GOTCHA!!!. what a damn shame. hope these bas---ds get what they deserve.

#68951 Mon Nov 06 2006 09:02 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
doesn't say much for the local police either !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#68952 Mon Nov 06 2006 09:21 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Inside job! Someone that knew exactly what was there and knew how much time and man power it would take. NOT a RANDOM crime. Hope they are caught and I bet they will be!

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
#68953 Mon Nov 06 2006 11:29 PM
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I don't know if any of you have ever been to Dougs place but it is WAY out in the woods. Wolf creek is a VERY little town or about 20 or 30 people right on I-5 but his place was a quite a few miles back into the woods where the theives could be been for a couple of days and no one would ever see them. I'm very sorry to hear this and I will keep an eye open at the local swap meets and so forth. What will these low lifes stoop to next?
They are even stealing the bronze flower vases at the cemetery in our area. But the dumb s...s took them to a local recycler and got caught by the police.

#68954 Tue Nov 07 2006 07:47 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Grave robbers...what scumbags..

This has to be an inside job..I wonder how long his place was left unattended..that haul would take considerable time and effort.

I hope everyone prints out this list and tapes it to their monitor so they can observe it while playing on Ebay.

#68955 Tue Nov 07 2006 06:39 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
"WAY out in the woods" or not, this undoubtedly must have been an inside job. I suspect the thieves will be caught soon enough in spite of the attitude of the local "Keystone Cops".

My sympathy is with the wife and family. It's a real shame.

Paul

#68956 Tue Nov 07 2006 07:08 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Absolutely horrible. I live about 30 miles from Wolfcreek. I have printed the list and will keep my eyes open. We have two deputies that patrol at night. Not near enough for the area but we (the taxpayers) fail to provide enough financial support for more deputies. Here is what happened to my buddy: He is having a house built on his property. These guys parked their truck about 1/8th mile down the irrigation canal. Walked to the backside of the property, crossed the canal, and walked away with a $700 tablesaw and stand. The next day when we noticed it gone we followed the wheel tracks of the table saw down to the canal. We picked up the tracks on the other side and followed until they ended where they parked. He had a funny feeling so that night he stayed upstairs in the new house. At midnight two guys walked through the house and brought bolt cutters for the construction crews trailer. By the time he called 911 and the deputy showed up, they were able to get another saw, tool belt and tools. They took off as soon as the deputy showed up and even with the K-9 unit got away. The deputy said they were probably armed and it was a good thing that my buddy did not intervene. It is hard to think that the criminals in this area have the upper hand. Until we provide more support to our law enforcement, this is reality.
Mike

#68957 Tue Nov 07 2006 09:40 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Re: "At midnight two guys walked through the house..."

What? The thieves actually walked through his house? If it had happened to me, I would have shot them before calling 911. You may have different state laws but in Texas you can shoot any intruder and ask questions later. I firmly believe that we all have a right to defend our property. And I guarantee that nothing good can happen to you if you attempt to stop a burglar without a weapon.

Paul

#68958 Tue Nov 07 2006 10:34 PM
P
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
P
I completely agree...Oregon does have the same law...that's terrible about Doug's stuff, he was a terrific guy.

#68959 Wed Nov 08 2006 01:04 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Howdy Pablo,
The house is under construction so there were no doors on it yet. You could see their muddy tracks enter the back door and thru the garage to the construction crew's trailer. I agree with the protecting your property but I would not want the clean-up after someone was shot. My prayers go out to Doug's family.
Mike

#68960 Wed Nov 08 2006 08:33 AM
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
I think I have seen that cop that showed up. He was on the Andy Griffith Show..Barney Fife..

What a joke law enforcement you have there. Sounds like the dog was probably trained by him too.

With that level of protection in town I hope you are well armed to defend yourself.

#68961 Wed Nov 08 2006 09:37 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
This is completely Horrible

------------------
Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK and humble moderator

Hubba: GAS GEEK , OIL FREAK of Seattle WA
#68962 Wed Nov 08 2006 03:40 PM
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
I don't know about some of you but with the amount of money my step-dad has in signage, thermometers, and etc If someone walked into my house and I had never seen them before the second they touched anything worth even $5 I would get my glock I use for hobby shooting and nuder them. Wouldnt kill them, but they wouldnt be able to get freaky anymore. I think that would be better then killing them because the rest of there life they would have 2 live with the mistake and the consequence of not having there family jewels anymore. Or is the taking away of that too much?
Robert The Great

#68963 Wed Nov 08 2006 05:49 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
We also have that law in Colorado. The "Make my day" law. It works pretty good out here, not too many people willing to trespass. Except when it comes to skunks. But thats another story. BTW. Has anybody seen my turkey?

Anything Chevron
[Linked Image from i17.photobucket.com]
I'd rather be flying.....
#68964 Wed Nov 08 2006 06:11 PM
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Thunder: 'We also have that law in Colorado. The "Make my day" law. It works pretty good out here, not too many people willing to trespass.'

Yes, Colorado is similar to Texas in that many people believe in "frontier justice". Hey, it keeps most of 'em honest!!

Paul

#68965 Thu Nov 09 2006 11:36 AM
K
Koz Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Last Thursday I worked with Doug's wife Karen at their place. We took one truck load of stuff out to place in a safe storage area, then three of us went back on Friday in three trucks and a large two axel trailer to get the most valuable stuff that still might be stolen. If I am not mistaken, another friend was able to get the 1955 Chevy out of there on Saturday or Sunday if all went well.

Karen probably feels better about what is left for the scum bags if they should return.

I do have pictures of some of the stolen things. Karen was there three weeks earlier packing things up in boxes getting them ready to go. Before she left for the day, she used her digital camera to photograph things in the rooms. The lighting was not satisfactory, but were made much lighter in Photoshop. I have a picture of the red G&B pump (70 or 80) with it's Signal globe and Signal decal on the front. There was also a Flying A green National Tokheim 62, a curb pump/kerosene pump with a vis-a-gauge at the top which I sold him a few years ago. The "Free Air" air meter upper area is shown and quite unique so if it shows up, anyone will be able to identify it. There is another partial view of what Karen thought was a small pump, but I think it is another air meter. It is painted in Shell colors. Perhaps someone can identify just what it is with the aid of the photo.

What I did was send the scanned photos on to Karen in hopes she can identify more of what is there so the list can be added to. (Many thanks to Ray for getting this list out. I wasn't aware anyone else was trying to get the list posted and as it stands, my list isn't nearly as complete.)

Some time ago I tried to post pictures on oldgas, but gave it up. Perhaps it is much easier now, but I don't think I will try right now. Should anyone want to see the pictures, I will be glad to send them or part of them on to anyone interested. I'll also be glad to answer any questions you might have if that is the case.

By the way, judging from what these guys were taking, I'd expect to see some of this stuff showing up in garage sales or flea markets. You can't imagine some of the stuff they had loaded up in a trailer getting ready to tow off.

Suppose that's it for now.

Koz

Al Kozeliski
Klamath Falls, Oregon

#68966 Thu Nov 09 2006 01:18 PM
H
H
We also just heard about this from the gentleman who bought the Rexall sign, I am glad to see the list posted and we will watch for anything that may find it's way into our shop!!! Posting pics may be helpful if you have the time!! Also, we'll keep an eye out on Ebay!!! About 8 years ago there was a woman who robbed all the local antique shops from here to Sacramento and probably more. She was caught in Texas because the stuff got listed on Ebay.
Don and Laurie

------------------
www.pacificcoastfineart.com
www.fineartofcalifornia.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.harleyantiques.com
www.fineartofcalifornia.com

www.fineartofcalifornia.com" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">www.harleyantiques.com
www.fineartofcalifornia.com
#68967 Fri Nov 10 2006 07:51 PM
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
koz...send me the photos in an e-mail and I will post them for you.

Mike

Mike
#68968 Fri Nov 10 2006 09:58 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
From what I understand, and from Koz, both vehicles have been found and possibly some of the stuff. These guys are local and there had to be more then one. They will be found however, if they are, is Barney Fifeth and has partner going to do anything about it. There were beer bottles and soda cans left at the "scene" and apparently, from what I was told, the deputies just didn't have the time or equipment to even take fingerprints. They need to get another job or do what they are paid to do
ray

#68969 Fri Nov 10 2006 10:03 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Something about this story dosn't add up. I have many friends in law enforcement here in Oregon and a theft of this size is not ignored "because they don't have the manpower or equipment", period. I met Doug a few times, nice guy, but I know there was some serious problems with law enforcement and his family. I'm not accusing anyone of anything so don't attack me, just think about it

#68970 Fri Nov 10 2006 10:20 PM
K
Koz Offline
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
K
Apparently a trailer full of signs and gas pumps was found with the truck. I'll fill you in when I know more.

Stay tuned,

Koz

#68971 Sat Nov 11 2006 07:08 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Something to think about, my Dino pump plate, HC sign and Power-X globe look just about like anybody elses. Unless there is a unique flaw or mark that you have a picture of that will prove your item is yours, it would be hard to prove your missing item is in fact yours. Barn hanger signs with character may be easier to prove ownership than a NOS sign. How many globes on repo capco bodies in your collection look just like anybody elses? Alot of my stuff was bought at shows in cash from "some guy set up over there". Pictures and an acurate inventory list may help you out if your stuff is also ripped off.

US Air Force Retired, 1981-2007
#68972 Sat Nov 11 2006 12:16 PM
H
hotcidr Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
H
Hi Neil..I'm not attacking YOU. I just stated what I was told. Believe me I know what a tough job a police officer has. I was a reserve cop for 6 years and wouldn't want to do it with the type of people on the street in today's world.
Ray

#68973 Sat Dec 09 2006 07:25 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Has anything new turned up on this theft? Sure would make a better Christmas if they nabbed these guys.

Larry

In memory of DB 9/12/49 - 8/28/14
#68974 Sat Dec 09 2006 01:58 PM
D
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
D
The guys were caught and most of the stuff recovered.

------------------
Dwaine.
pca-west.org
Globe-Logos

GLOBE-LOGOS

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved