Next Thread
Print Thread
#69241 Sat Sep 18 2004 06:16 PM
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Well the 2 day wild ride is over and it was a Great success. We had about 32 vendors show up and all reported sales to be very strong. The buyer turnout was fantastic!! Estimated to be over 100 buyers showed up for the show and I saw a lot of them packing stuff out to their cars. There were a lot of new faces that I had not seen before at any of the west coast meets appeared to be locals that had not been to a gas bash before. All seemed to enjoy Bob Purcell's 1940 Chevy street rod that was on display.
There were lots of good deals to be had, a Tokheim 870 clock face with good sheet metal and missing part of the clock mech went for 200.00 Also a wayne 100 with a station lighter attachment was for sale at 750.00 this was a very clean pump and station lighter, it did sell, Tok 36 b top in great condition sold for around 200.00. Associated porcelain strip sign in good condition sold for 200.00. Lots of cans to be had in the 5.00 range and up. Lots of nice signs and pumps changed hands.
Tim Hansen won the first trophy to be handed out for bringing and selling the most pumps, Cory & Cari Anderson won the second trophy to be handed out for most help in assisting with the Gas bash and we also had a third trouphy for the long distance award and we beleive it should go to Mr. Hobbs from the L.A. area but he got away before we could give it to him so if any one knows how to contact him please let me know. Lynn & I would like to thank Pogogas for his contribution of 15" lenses for a door prize that was won by Frank & Patty Jones. Also thanks to Craig Landon for his contribution of Mariner baseball box seats game tickets for 2 different games. Many thanks to Tim Hansen & all he did for advertising & spreading the word, to Hubba for his great DJing, announcements & upbeat attitude as per usual and to John Clay for getting down & dirty cleaning the shop.
All in all we were very pleased with the turn out and the helpfulness of the whole group. Some thought the building would be too small, including myself but it worked out just fine.
Plenty of pictures to follow if someone would help me load them.
Thanks again to everyone who showed up and made this a great event, see you next year on the 17th of Sept. Same place, same time and same station.
Don & Lynn

#69242 Sat Sep 18 2004 07:59 PM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
BIG Thanks Don for putting on the Bash, its great to have a local one and hope it gets Bigger and Better, thanks again Paul

#69243 Sun Sep 19 2004 04:01 AM
M
M
Just a note of congratulation from here in Luxembourg. Delighted that the turnout warranted all that effort! I hope your shop didn't QUITE burst with vendors! How was the weather? Will you do it again next year?

Morgan and family

#69244 Sun Sep 19 2004 07:18 AM
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Hi Morgan, glad to hear you made it home ok!
We had a wonderful time while you were here, please come back again soon. Maybe in time for next years Sea-Bash 05 which will be held on Sept. 17th 05
Thanks again for all of your help getting the shop cleaned up.
Don & Lynn

#69245 Sun Sep 19 2004 07:20 AM
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Thanks Paul for showing up and we are looking forward to seeing you next year at Sea-Bash 05
Don & Lynn

#69246 Sun Sep 19 2004 08:04 AM
F
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
F
Great Job and kudo's to Don and Lynn for haveing and starting a yearly tradition called the Sea-bash. Look forward to Sea-bash 05.
Thanks again
Craig

Craig
#69247 Sun Sep 19 2004 08:08 AM
D
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
D
Always a treat to have you Craig. See ya next year
Don & Lynn

#69248 Sun Sep 19 2004 01:21 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Thanks Don and Lynn for all of your hard work and a great show. We had a great time and enjoyed meeting the NW gas guys. Looking forward to next year!!

#69249 Sun Sep 19 2004 08:25 PM
F
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
F
A big thumbs UP! to Don and Lynn for all they did to make Sea-Bash04 a huge success. I look forward to Sea-Bash05...with great anticipation and anxiety... Thank you.

------------------
Frank

Frank
#69250 Mon Sep 20 2004 05:25 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Don & Lynn did a GREAT job with the bash!! I was so busy selling stuff, loading & unloading pumps & visiting that I never got around to the bullets' in my cooler!!! That's a first!!!! (I know Ted, it's hard to believe, isn't it! I have Hubba as a witness!!!)

#69251 Tue Sep 21 2004 06:28 PM
Z
Z
DON AND LYNN. Thanks once again for allowing us to invade your business area and to resume a Northwest Gas Bash Event. It has been several years since the last one that Jeff and his General Petroleum Museum had put on and we were all over due for a show in the area. Yeah, we all have been finding many items through ebay and other sources but you all have to admit that even if you didn't find that next KILLER PIECE, it was great to have a small show which brings back memories of the simplicity these shows were in the beginning. Sometimes, it is just as nice to see people, chat and B.S. and EVEN find something small we never thought about adding to our collections. To Don and Lynn....I hope you do this again next year. GREAT TIME WAS HAD BY ME AND OTHERS. To DJ Hubba.....great music and announcing and event choreography. To the Sellers: Thanks for stopping by, setting up and socializing. See you all next year...same place....same time.....and more stuff.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved