Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
crxnug Offline OP
OP Offline
C
I just picked up a bennett 966 to restore, not sure which globe a signage to go with, what one are correct for the era pump, im hoping to get some expert advise, any help would be much appreciated

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Your request is way too much for anyone to give you even one answer.
First, send me (jhsim@petrocollect.com) the Serial Number of your pump, it should be on the id tag, and I will tell you what year your pump was made, possibly the month.
Next, decide what brand of gasoline you wish to restore your pump to.
Once you decide this, anyone of us will refer you to the place you can buy the globe and signage
If you are looking for pictures of your pump just go to this page of my website: http://petrolianacollectibles.com/bennett%20956.htm
One last thing, this site has a very good reference section, just type in your request in the "Search" section that is just down below on the right side.
We expect you to do a little research, then ask particular questions.

If you want to be put on the list of people wanting a copy of my 3rd Edition of the Gas Pump Book, just send me your email address.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Sat Sep 09 2017 09:46 PM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Danny; first you are going to have to decide if you want the pump to "represent" Canadian Oil Company's of the time. (The 966's were produced from 1954-'56, if I read Jack's 2nd Edition correctly? but in many Stations, maybe most, the Pumps were in service for much longer than they were produced)

Or American Oil Company's during that period of time?

You might want to put your name on Jack's list for the 3rd Edition. As finding a 1st Edition and/or 2nd Edition in reasonable shape will be hard to do and spendy... Also, you might want to locate either a 1st Edition or 2nd Edition of Scott and Wayne's; "PCM Guide to Gas Pump Restoration"? The Guide has Company information along with color graphics of most of the Major and Independent American Oil Company's. The information on the Company's include images of the correct Pump colors and graphics. Where the placement of the Pump plate or Pump decal was. Correct Globe... etc...

Hopefully, this will give you a little more direction?

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
C
crxnug Offline OP
OP Offline
C
pump year is april 1955, im looking to go with a US oil company

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
I did my pair of 966's in Phillips 66.
They were Cities Service originally.