Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#696796 - Mon Oct 16 2017 09:13 AM wiring a wayne 515 visible pump for lights
MrBelvedere2 Offline

Loc: Sacramento, CA
Hi guys, I am putting a wayne 515 visible pump back together. The only thing left to do now is wire it up so it lights up the socket on the top. I got new conduit and porcelain light socket, but there is no instructions on how to wire the socket. Thanks for any help.

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#696801 - Mon Oct 16 2017 10:50 AM Re: wiring a wayne 515 visible pump for lights [Re: MrBelvedere2]
gasmansgp Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: Severn, Maryland USA
There are two wires. One goes to each side of the porcelain light socket. Paul www.severngaspumps.com

#696915 - Tue Oct 17 2017 06:02 PM Re: wiring a wayne 515 visible pump for lights [Re: MrBelvedere2]
Speedracer Online   content
Petro Enthusiast

Loc: Michigan, USA (near Chesterfie...
If you look inside the socket, there are two screws, loosen those and the base will come off.

If you use lamp wire, and want it done to electrical specs, the rigid wire goes to the white (neutral) and the smooth wire goes to the gold (hot). If using two or three strand, white is neutral and black is hot. You should ground it as well.

Disclaimer: I am not a professional electrician. Always check with a certified professional. 😉

Edited by Speedracer (Wed Oct 18 2017 12:52 AM)

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved