Click here for Project Car auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#648104 Thu Feb 25 2016 06:41 AM
bcr2037 Offline OP
OP Offline
I have never seen this sign nor could I find any info on google. Sorry for poor quality photo, but it will help identify it a little. I believe it to be a railroad sign. It says on sign "NEW DIXIE LINES" Richmond Virginia. And around perimeter it says "Virginia * North and South Carolina * Georgia". The sign is approx. 26" round. Any info would be appreciated, rarity, and value?.

new dixie sign 001.JPG
L
L
I found the EXACT same sign somewhat buried in the ground at my house. Let me find a pic. My sign LOOKS like it says NEW DIXIE LLNES (not Lines) let me know if you’ve found anything out [img]http://98DD6935-3D9C-424D-A7B2-99E26680D6D8[/img]

W
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
W
Could it possibility be a bus line?

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
OR--trucking co.?

M
M
Good Morning. A little late in responding but New Dixie Lines was an LTL trucking company based in Richmond, VA, founded in 1945 by brothers Bill and Archie Grinnells and J. David Brothers. It was sold to Hemingway Transport of New Bedford, MA in 1969. Both my Father and Grandfather worked for New Dixie, my Grandfather opening and operating the first facility in North Carolina (Rocky Mount) and my Father was the Terminal Manager in Richmond from 1965 until the sale to Hemingway in 1969. Not sure of the actual value but would be interested in purchasing if still available. Please let me know if interested and thank you in advance.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Mike,

Even though it's an older post. Very nice of you to reply. Everyone who reads this from now on will not have to question where the sign came from, if they find one as well. Glad you contributed anyway, it always helps future collectors and you posted some detailed info.

-Steve

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved