Oldgas.com Home

Home | Help | Events | Books | Pictures | Auctions | Links | Collectors | Parts | Contact

Topic Options
#697462 - Wed Oct 25 2017 07:39 PM Sinclair red letter diesel "r"
bigandtall Offline

Loc: central Indiana
I passed on a rare pump plate today because I thought it was a fake due to the different radius of the "r" than what known originals look like for the green diesel and normal gasoline pump plates.

But now researching on this site, all examples of this red letter diesel Sinclair pump plate posted here have this different radius "r"

I've posted a known original green letter diesel plate and the red letter diesel plate to compare. At issue is the small "r" in "Sinclair"

Can anyone verify if the red letter diesel version is supposed to have this different "r" that peaks higher and has a different inner curve radius?

Attachments
IMG_4178.JPG

IMG_4177.JPG

Edited by bigandtall (Wed Oct 25 2017 07:41 PM)

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
#697476 - Wed Oct 25 2017 08:42 PM Re: Sinclair red letter diesel "r" [Re: bigandtall]
keithia Online   content
Veteran Member

Loc: USA
Looks good to me. Plus it has the other characteristic that those plates have. Here is my original.

Attachments
sinclairdieselpumpplatered.JPG

#697545 - Thu Oct 26 2017 07:41 PM Re: Sinclair red letter diesel "r" [Re: keithia]
bigandtall Offline

Loc: central Indiana
Originally Posted By keithia
Looks good to me. Plus it has the other characteristic that those plates have. Here is my original.

Thank you!!!
I got ahold of the seller and and was able to purchase it still! Figured it would be gone at $199 but it wasn't!

Moderator:  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun, Watchdog9 

Click on magnifying glass icon on lower left to search eBay

Copyright © 2017 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved