Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#697815 Mon Oct 30 2017 02:28 PM
B
Bossman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Good afternoon! I am brand new to this site but I have read several posts. It seems that this is the place to come for answers.
I have a Southwest ok7D that has an odd feature that I'd like to understand a little better. I have had other visible pumps in the past but I've never seen this.
It has a linkage that starts near the base. its a horizontal bar that pivots up and down as it enters through the side of the pump. as it pivots, it pushes up on a long rod that attached to another pivoting horizontal rod that exits the body just under the cylinder base. This pivot raises another vertical rod extending up the side of the cylinder. Attached to the top is another horizontal rod (flat stock) with a small hole at one end. What was this used for?

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Please put a few images on the site to let us all try and figure it out. I've had a few of them but not one with the linkage you have described.

B
Bossman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I'll see what I have really quick

IMG_5252 small.jpg IMG_5258 small.jpg IMG_5300 small.jpg
B
Bossman Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I don't have the original dome for the top but I'd imagine it would have a slot in the side for the tab at the top of the rod to stick out and operate up and down. There is also a latch on the side near the fuel hose connection. This latch will hold the linkage in the "up" position until it is unlatched. Hopefully someone can share some info on this.
Thanks.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved