Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#697935 Wed Nov 01 2017 04:36 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Found these items at an estate sale that we think are oil related. They have parts lists from the Graco company, but googling the numbers returned nothing just like these.

My wife wants to turn them into what she calls "man-cave tables" using the porcelain bowl as an ice bucket. Before I let that happen (and have to fabricate a bunch of stuff for the project), I thought that there might be folks who might want to see them used more appropriately.

I think there are pictures attached to the post. Can you tell us what these items are?

TIA
Marc

caddypumpsmall.png
caddy and pump

oil caddy small.png
oil caddy

Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Using the emblem one each of the pieces of equipment I would say your items were made after 1960, possibly after 1970. The item on the left is a oil drain tank. The old oil would go down into a tank.
The item on the left is the pump to refill the oil. It also could have been used to refill transmissions, or differentials, of course not at the same time.

If you decide to sell these items they need to be posted in the Petro for sale with prices section.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
M
OP Offline
M
You're right on Jack, the dates on the parts list are 1970's.

On the Graco website, the previous and next versions of these can be found, just not these. The part numbers show up on replacement part lists.

What is the coating on the boxes? it appears to be porcelain, ceramic or powder coat. They also have little barrels inside to hold the oil and sit on bases with wheels. These seem to be NOS, unused. I would guess that these things would soon be coated in oil not long after entering service.

thanks for the reply.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved