Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
J
I just spotted this information on an old car forum, and thought the gang here on Old Gas could benefit from it. I know most of us have fire extinguishers in our shops, garages, and homes. John

Earlier in November, a massive recall was announced involving 40 million Fire Extinguishers manufactured by Kidde.

The recall involves 134 models of Kidde fire extinguishers manufactured between January 1, 1973 and August 15, 2017, including models that were previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015. Be advised that some of the recalled extinguishers were sold under names other than Kidde (ie Fuller Brush, Honeywell, Montgomery Ward, Sears and other names).

Here's a link with the Kidde Fire Extinguisher Product Safety Recall Information:

https://inmarmarketaction.com/kidde/

Be advised that the link above has the list of recalled extinguishers. It also lets you submit your request for a replacement extinguisher after you provide your name, address, the model extinguisher and serial number. It verifies that your extinguisher is being recalled and submits your request for a replacement.

If you do not want to submit your request on-line you can contact Kidde via telephone to find out if a fire extinguisher is included in the recall or to get a replacement:

Contact Kidde at (855) 271-0773 between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST Monday-Friday (excluding holidays), or between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. during the weekend to determine whether your extinguishers are affected.

Last edited by Jolly-John; Sun Nov 26 2017 01:06 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Yikes, from 1973!!!!!!! Thanks John, going to check mine.

Have gas all the time

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved