Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Awesome Awesome Awesome Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing.

Wow. That's an auction.

Beautiful items. So that's Mr. Benson in the chair? That's cool you got that picture. I thought that was a good price on that chair too.

Very, Very nice.

Always looking for Ithaca Gun and Lucky Sam soda items!!!

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Looks like alot of cool stuff went to new homes. Take as good care of it as Rex & Nita did. Never had the pleasure of meeting Rex but Tom Likes Rex!!! (& Nita too!

P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
Wes, you said it very well. I too emjoyed meeting all the oldgassers and putting faces with the names. Rex and Nita were as usual great hosts and are some of the best people in the hobby. I was impressed seeing all the collection laid out to view and took 4 rolls of film, the wife had the digital. I will try to get it developed and post some pics also. Everyone attending I beleive enjoyed theirselves. My dad and I had a great time and bought another truckload of stuff. Rex had some of the finest pieces that you will ever see in one collection. I am happy for them but at the same time sad to see it all go, but in the end I hope Rex and Nita are truly happy because that is what it was all for. Friday was a good day to buy, Saturday all the great items sold strong as you would expect. Sunday started slow with interent bidding abroad but came on toward the middle part of the day. The nice items sold very well as expected. My dad and I enjoyed it greatly as it was a good time with alot of old gas friends, sorry you all could not be there. I would have to say that after meeting and talking (and drinking beer Sat. night with them), the bunch from Aumann Auctions are all first class people. They run a straight and honest auction and advertise well. Hats off to them also. Having said, I will try and get the film developed and post some pics later in the week unless some of the other guys beat me to it.

Thanks, Phil

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
LOOKING GOOD, what a great event that would have been to attend, super stuff and a plethora of Oldgassers!

Thanks for taking the time to post the pics Wes, great job.

Lets see some more!
Tok likes Rex's stuff

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Rex and Nita's auction truly was an "event". Lots of planning went into making this a great auction. The facility was the nicest I've ever seen for a petro auction and very easy to get to. Rex wanted the auction to be an enjoyable experience for everyone.
Like any auction there were some bargains, and there were some crazy high prices, and lots of stuff right on the money. Dealers were able to buy many items but the majority of Rex and Nita's collection went right into other collections where they will be enjoyed for years to come.
I was on a mission to get some Stoll items. I got 4 of them plus a few other pieces. The most important thing I got was the time spent with friends both old and new.
Thank you Rex and Nita for your hospitality, generosity, and most importantly your friendship.
Bob

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Well like everyone else I also had a great time at the auction. I bought a few idems the first day "pic 13 with the Oneida can" & I started collecting globes on Saturday. I got 3 of them + a few more from Rarin To Go so I have a total of 7 golbes now. I can now also put a face to alot of the names here. Glad to share the weekend with all of you Old Gasers it was a blast & Thank You So Much Rex & Nita for the weekend it was all for you

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
You guys said it well, Rex and Nita are great hosts and great people. Some of you guys might not know but they auctioned off a Aumann banner from the Benson auction and proceeds going to St. Jude hospital. Nita was high bidder and funny thing was... she had no number. LOL
Again thanks Rex for dinner sat. night... you really didn't have to do that.

These are people that this great hobby is made of!

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
Thanks for all the positive coments guys ....BY-FAR the best part of our auction was being with friends that share a common interest.....
THANKS to all of you that bid or tried to bid.....I am happy a lot of our stuff has a good home.
We will be posting pictures soon.
REX LIKES OLDGASSERS

Online Cool
Rex, I got the Pittsbugh Paint "Smooth as Glass" sign with the sun logo. I'll be proud to have it in my collection, especially since it came from you.
Thanks for letting so many of us enjoy the auction, bid/win or just watch. Hope you have a good time too.

Oldgas likes Rex & Nita

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Well said Jim. Glad you got the Pittsbugh Paint "Smooth as Glass" sign with the sun logo. When it came up me & Bob both said "I know Jim would like that". We where right & I am glad as h*** you got it. Missed ya being there but I will see you in Peotone

Wanted Owens Motor Oil & Mobiloil Gargoyle.
Brad Ralston & my website is
www.petrobarn.com
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved