Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
"What I was really talking about was would you paint a pump an oil scheme (paint, signs , globe) that was not ever used on that paticular model of pump." Very few pumps were brand specific. Standard of NJ used Gibarcos, M&S pumps were Oil comapny owned. Gulf specified certain pump manufacturers for their particular image. But to answer your question. Yes, I'd change the brand to whatever I wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Keep in mind that WE never really own the stuff WE collect. WE are collecting the PAST, and PRESERVING it for the future generations of collectors. This STUFF will be here LONG after WE pass on.

I just hope that it will be done correctly. I'm sure that some of the stuff that has been restored, will be re-restored in the future by someone else.

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
when i was real young i saw a visible pump at a car show painted a candy gold. wild looking paint.
even then it didnt seem right but i thought it was neat.

why couldnt a dino globe go on a mae west visible? if the station owner was still in business using his old visible pump yet but had become a sinclair dealer.

i like original & time/period correct for the most part.

when i started restoring pumps i was on my own with only old pictures to look at & it was fun. i could do anything i wanted.
anything & everything seemed right then. green/white pump for fire chief seemed perfect for that globe.

i have a nice 861 here & i might get the skins (repop skins) punched full of louveres, flame it & have a hot rod pump? ----- my pumps are only for me to look at.
color can be removed, its all the original bolts, sheetmetal & hardware i try to retain as in keping the pump itself original.
(like Dick said someone may restore it again in the future.)

[This message has been edited by tom 2 tone (edited 01-30-2005).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Tom,
Its highly unlikely that a Dino globe would have ever been on a visable. The Dino globe was put into use around 1961.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved