Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70122 Sun Jan 09 2005 07:36 PM
Jarvis Offline OP
Veteran Member
OP Offline
Veteran Member
Just got info. there was an artical on Roger Cherry and globes in Antique weekly from last month. Any one get this magazine? I think i might subscribe to it as i heard it's great info. on auctions and classifieds. I always thought it didn't pertain to our hobby to much but it does have auctions listed i guess. Any thoughts?

Looking for anything from Hoosier Pete, Platolene 500 and Red Bird.
#70123 Sun Jan 09 2005 07:44 PM
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Hi JJ, I used to get that paper. You should go to an antique mall nearby. They all have recent ones to give away. Not a lot about our stuff. A little of everything. A friend called and read me parts of the article you speak of.

#70124 Sun Jan 09 2005 08:04 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Did someone say my name? Was the article saying good or bad stuff about me? If it was bad I demand that it be censured! If its good, well, I guess it can stay. What issue is the article in as I don't subscribe anymore? OK everyone, comments welcome, good or bad, I can take it, I'm a big boy. LOL

[This message has been edited by roger cherry (edited 01-09-2005).]

#70125 Sun Jan 09 2005 09:22 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I've gotten A-W for several years. I subscribe to it for two reasons. First,my friend Steve Proffitt's column about auction buying, selling,ethics,law, etc. Second, the auction listings. We've discovered some good auctioneers through the paper (its a weekly paper, not a magazine). You won't likely find any bargains at auctions that are advertised in the paper, but its a good source of info on auction listings. There are lots of articles about glassware, pottery and antique furniture.
I didn't see anything in the article about the Cherry/Benjamin suit that I hadn't heard or read about before.

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/
#70126 Sun Jan 09 2005 10:21 PM
K
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
K
IF YOUR A SERIOUS COLLECTOR YOU GET ANTIQUE WEEK ITS LOADED WITH INFO ABOUT ALL TYPES OF ANTIQUES OURS INCLUDED.
AUCTIONS AND SHOWS ARE LISTED PLUS AUCTION RESULTS.
REX LIKES PICTURES

#70127 Thu Jan 13 2005 09:03 AM
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
In reply to the Antique Wkly newspaper. We have taken this magazine for about 12 yrs now, we wouldn't leave home without it. We have the INDIANA GAS SHOW AND AUCTION and we have had 10 anuual auctions and never missed advertising in this newspaper. We draw a GOOD crowd from this newspaper. We advertise the items we have in our auction, petro, soda pop, coin-op, old vintage advertising sigs and etc, always do very well at the auction and show. If you don't get it now, you should. There are always lots of auctions, shows and great reading about the hobby that we are all interested in. Just a little bit of my input. Hey Jarvis, you NEED to get this newspaper, LOL.

#70128 Thu Jan 13 2005 09:22 AM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dave,
Its a great paper but I don't think JJ should get it. He might start attending general antiques auctions and that could cause the Jarvis Jinx to spread to other areas of the antique hobby. Glassware, pottery, curio cabinets, stained glass, beveled mirrors would all be at risk!

Wanted: Gas pump globes:Sinclair & affiliates, IL companies. Ripple bodies. Anything Sinclair, Stoll, Pierce, 4 Bros.

http://www.lastgas15.com/

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved