Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#70260 Fri Oct 26 2007 03:57 PM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
I thought everyone would enjoy visiting the following new Web site:
This Old Service Station

Great pictures and story of restoring an old gas station in Texas. Taking a dream many of us have and making it really happen.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#70261 Fri Oct 26 2007 07:18 PM
J
J
Thanks for the plug Oldgas ... the project has been a labor of love and a true learning experience. I had to fight the municipal building inspectors almost every step of the way. They wanted me to tear half the building away to install an ADA restroom (in a 320 sf bldg!)... finally I made them understand that it was an impossible task if we were to maintain the historical architectural significance of the structure that will eventually be submitted for listing in the National Register of Historic Places. When they dropped that pursuit, they then reported me to the state health department for what turned out to be non-existent asbestos. Finally though, the rehabilitation stage is completed and I've been given an official certificate of occupancy. Now, I can turn to phase two which will focus on the exterior of the building and the grounds. I'm starting to put out feelers about signage and just today I acquired no less than four old gas pumps ... one Tokheim mod 39 tall and three Southwest mod 72CR-1's. Obviously my winter's work is cut out for me and I'm really looking forward to all the advice and assistance that may come my way from Primarily Petroliana Shop Talk ......

[This message has been edited by JohnT (edited 10-26-2007).]

#70262 Fri Oct 26 2007 08:39 PM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi John,
Welcome to Oldgas.com Shop Talk.
We're glad to stuck it out with all the difficulties to get this far. Keep us up to date on how it is going. Don't hesitate to post your questions or wanted items here on Shop Talk.

------------------
Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
#70263 Sat Oct 27 2007 04:01 AM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Hey John, great job on the restore and the web site is perfect. Congrats, nice job.
Good luck and let us know as progress continues.

#70264 Tue Oct 30 2007 03:26 AM
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Welcome John , Fantastic job. if you need anything just ask and one of us should be able to steer you in the right direction .

Chris Holt

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved