Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm working with the software developer on the image processing. He admits there is a bug to be resolved.
I reconfigured to use a backup image processor, GD2, that doesn't appear to have that bug. The resize/compress results are much better. Give the new setup another try.

Comparison of different settings here:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=703343&#Post703343

Let's see how this one looks

IMG_20150325_131734_011.jpg DSCN6777.JPG
Last edited by Oldgas; Fri Jan 26 2018 08:54 AM. Reason: add 2nd picture

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I just reposted my button pics in that thread, much better quality Jim.
Thanks,
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by keithia
Couple of issues I am having is in the forums the folders on the left hand side use to turn yellow if there was a new post I had not seen in a topic. Now they are all white and I can't tell if there is a new post in a topic. Other issue is all the new pictures I see are pixalated but the old post pictures are fine. I guess I will adapt over time. Otherwise updates are great!!

The new post/old post folder color notification is still supposed to work. It does for me. Could be a "cookie" issue. Cookies can be helpful by keeping you logged in and showing what topics you've seen. Do this:

* Login and click on your user name at that upper right login spot. Choose "Cookies" from the bottom of the drop-down menu.
* On the cookies page, click on the "Expire Cookies" button. That will log you out and refresh your computer's "cookie" memory of what topics you've seen and which you haven't yet.

Let me know if that doesn't work out.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Originally Posted by DWSheffer
I just reposted my button pics in that thread, much better quality Jim.
Thanks,
Darin

I reposted some pics in the test area as well. No more pixilation issue - great job Jim. No more issues.

Now it's easy for others to upload pics AND they look great. Website looks great.

Keep up the good work,
Steve

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Great job! I did the same!

Last edited by J, Micieli; Fri Jan 26 2018 06:52 PM.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I dunno , still nothing when I'm trying to up load ....

see ya on the road folks !
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by eshaver
I dunno , still nothing when I'm trying to up load ....

You don't see the popup window when you click on the Attachment Manager?

If so, you may have JavaScript blocked in your browser's security settings.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Originally Posted by Oldgas
Originally Posted by keithia
Couple of issues I am having is in the forums the folders on the left hand side use to turn yellow if there was a new post I had not seen in a topic. Now they are all white and I can't tell if there is a new post in a topic. Other issue is all the new pictures I see are pixalated but the old post pictures are fine. I guess I will adapt over time. Otherwise updates are great!!

The new post/old post folder color notification is still supposed to work. It does for me. Could be a "cookie" issue. Cookies can be helpful by keeping you logged in and showing what topics you've seen. Do this:

* Login and click on your user name at that upper right login spot. Choose "Cookies" from the bottom of the drop-down menu.
* On the cookies page, click on the "Expire Cookies" button. That will log you out and refresh your computer's "cookie" memory of what topics you've seen and which you haven't yet.

Let me know if that doesn't work out.

Just to let you know. The whole look and feel of the site is completely different depending on the browser you are using. I see a completely different look in edge than I do in IE. It looks like all the features are there, they just look different. Don't know if this helps any.

Randy
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by RandyM
Just to let you know. The whole look and feel of the site is completely different depending on the browser you are using. I see a completely different look in edge than I do in IE. It looks like all the features are there, they just look different. Don't know if this helps any.

You are absolutely right, Randy. The old software still used some 1990's technology, while the new is closer to current tech. One of the big differences is all the different ways that users view Web content. Some are on phones and all they way up to wide screen TV sets. The content now is fluid rather than defined. It is as if we used to serve you beverages in cans and now you bring your own container and we just pour into it. Different devices and browsers are going to show content with some differences.

Internet Explorer and now Edge browsers have always had their own way of dealing with new Web technology, not using the Web standards. I try to check everything with different devices and browser software, but there is no way I can replicate everything. We now offer different themes that users can change to their own taste. Click on the menu near the bottom of the page to change style themes. Right now it says, "UBBCentral - Zen"

----------------

The image processing function has greatly improved since the upgrade, with pixilation blotchy patches now almost gone. A new bug fix is on the way from the software developer to bump uploaded image quality up a step.

Thanks for the patience from all our users during this upgrade process. We're now using current century technology with a few bumps along the way.

style-show-hide.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
Jim, thanks for ALL OF THE TIME you're devoting and THE EXPENSE you're incurring to make these improvements to Old Gas. Things are really looking good, especially with the new photo upload system. It's great to see the good-sized photos being posted, and in some cases, by guys who never mastered the old photo system!

A question: With regard to the "theme-style" selection found at the bottom of each page (what you referred to in your post above). Is there a way to lock in a change in the theme-style? For example, if I feel my viewing experience is better with one of the style choices other than "UBBCentral Zone-Zen", can I do something to make another theme-style MY default? I did select another style, but then it went back to UBBCentral Zone-Zen, when I opened a different page on Old Gas.

THANK YOU, again. John.

Last edited by Jolly-John; Sat Jan 27 2018 09:38 AM.
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
John, thanks for the kind words.

The theme selection you make should stay with you after your current user session. Take a look in your Preferences.

* Click on your user name in the upper right of this page. Choose "Preferences" from the drop-down menu.
* Scroll down a little to: "Your Preferred Forum Style (aka Skin/Theme)"
* The theme you chose should show there. Clicking the menu will show all available themes.
* Click the "Preview" button to try out the look of themes in a new window
* Go back to your original window with the Preferences and click "Save Changes" at the bottom of that page

If the theme doesn't stay with you in future sessions, let me know. There may be another issue.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Refreshed my cookies and holy smokes it looks totally different now!! Lots of new features showing now that did not before. I really like it now!!

Drive with Care and Buy Sinclair!! I buy Sinclair globes, signs, cans, ect.
S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Phone view still not cool imo. Column view okay, but reverts back every time you refresh page.
Also, doesn't view same as desktop page. In the past, when viewed on my phone, the site looked identicle to my desktop computer at home. Is it possible to view same as desktop instead of phone mode??

I messed around with color pallets, thrilled that I was able to return colors to the way they used to be. That was cool!!
I feel like I'm back home again. cool

Last edited by Steven C.; Mon Jan 29 2018 07:39 AM.

Steve Coppens
Always interested in Sunoco items!
Really want a Sunoco National pump ad glass!!
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Steve, The new software senses what device is being used and it automatically adjusts the display to the screen size of that device. Right now, I don't see a way to override that. There is still much to learn on my end.

For now, I recommend holding a phone horizontally to view the Portal page because the content there is so wide in 3 column mode. I'll continue to look for a way to improve the Portal page layout on phones.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Keithia,

I agree!! Wow this is great!! I love it, its so easy to navigate! Thank you Jim!

Braden Splichal

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved