Oldgas.com Home  

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
With the new upgrade, you can upload photos directly from your computer or mobile device right into your forum post. No resizing or copying codes. smile

On your post submission form for "New Thread" or "Use Full Editor" scroll down below the message box to the link for "Attachment Manager" Click it!

On the popup window, click the "Select a File to Attach" button. Navigate to the photo on your device and select it.
After the little wheel stops spinning, your file should show up on the list below the buttons.
Select another photo, if wanted, or click the "Done" button to return to the submission form.

You are allowed 4 photos images per post. When you have selected 4, the Attachment Manager box changes, the buttons are gone and
this text appears: "You have reached your limit of allowed attachments."
Just close the Attachment Manager by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner of the box.
Then when you go back to the post submission form, the Attachment Manager line should say, "(Total files: 4)"
You may upload an additional 4 photos with each reply.

The number of image files uploaded should show next to the "Attachment Manager" link. "(Total Files: 1)"
The attached files will not show in Preview Mode.

Practice in the "Testing Area" forum section

The Attachment Manager link only appears when you click on the "New Thread" or "Use Full Editor" (reply) buttons.
It does not appear on the "Quick Reply" form at the bottom of thread pages or in PM messages.

attachmentmanager.jpg attachment-link.jpg attachment-limit4.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
D
D
Good day, trying to attach a photo.
The procedure above talks about "scrolling down past Post Icon. Where is this? I find lots of this confusing. Is a post a message? When I click on New Message (under where I log in) none of this appears, my message (post?) goes out somewhere, without asking me about this Post icon. Am I doing this right?
Thanks, Denis

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
you have too hit on "use full editor" then it comes up .. ... cool

RANDY
Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Originally Posted by denismc
Good day, trying to attach a photo.
The procedure above talks about "scrolling down past Post Icon. Where is this? I find lots of this confusing. Is a post a message? When I click on New Message (under where I log in) none of this appears, my message (post?) goes out somewhere, without asking me about this Post icon. Am I doing this right?
Thanks, Denis

When you click on "New Message" on the menu that appears when you click on your user name, a form for a PM Private Message. A PM message usually goes to one specific person, like an internal email. Uploading photos into a PM message is not presently possible. If you actually want to post a message on the public forum, you need to choose the appropriate forum section and then click on the "New Thread" button. Here is a link to instructions on how to post on the forum.

How to post a question or comment on the public forum:
http://www.oldgas.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=158834

If you have difficulty, please use the "Contact" link near the top of the page to explain what you are trying to do and how you are having a problem.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Well that's great! Lol I will have to try it, as my picture sizing app isn't working 🤔

H
H
This was very helpful.

G
Gav Offline
G
This is crazy I have been a member for along time
Been doing the peatone.for15 years
Changed my internet carrier now they act like I'm a new guy or something
Cant post for sale items . Been doing this for 35 years the members on this site never change I see why. Same old little group you would think you would like to see some new people once in awhile.

Oldgas Online Cool OP
OP Online Cool
Hi Gav,
Sorry you're frustrated. New members are required to post 4 posts including uploading a photo into a post before requesting an upgrade to sell items. This rule is shown in the registration form and in the For Sale Guidelines shown at the top of the main For Sale section of the forum.

"New Members are restricted from posting New Topics in the For Sale forums until they have demonstrated knowledge of the forum and how our online community works with their posts. After 4 such posts, including posting an image, new members may request an upgrade to regular privileges."

You do have more the required 4 posts and now have posted photos. I haven't received a request for upgrade, but I'll go ahead and do it right now.

If you have trouble with something on the forum, don't hesitate to click the "Contact" link near the top of most pages and let me know what's going on.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved