Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#703366 Fri Jan 26 2018 02:14 PM
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
The new forum upgrade has changed how mobile devices view the forum. For those who miss the 3 column layout of the portal page with the "Who's Online" and "Petro Recent Posts" columns, we have a fix.

Scroll down to near the bottom of the Portal page on your mobile device. Look for the link that says, "Show / Hide Columns on this page" and click that link to activate the 3 columns OR to show just the middle main column. Remember you can turn your phone or tablet sideways to see a different view. See picture below.

Bigger screen computers may not see that Show/Hide link.

Also, you can now choose a color theme for your view of the forum. Click on the pull-down menu shown in the picture below. Choose one of the available layout themes that you prefer, including the old classic one we are used to seeing "ubb threads stock"
I'll bring in more choices later.

style-show-hide.jpg

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Support Oldgas.com with bids from here
T
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
T
I Like this Very Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid

www.trifivechevys.com
www.knifegates.com

Looking to buy Sealed Power Piston rings ITEM's
M
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
M
The small picture in the upper left corner of some posts i read on my cell phone covers up the first 2 or 3 words of the post. What can I do to fix this?

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
Originally Posted by model72
The small picture in the upper left corner of some posts i read on my cell phone covers up the first 2 or 3 words of the post. What can I do to fix this?

Do you mean the member's avatar next to his name? There are some members who have a vertical (not square) avatar that sometimes sticks into the message when viewed on a mobile device.
On my phone, the layout is different when holding the phone vertical and horizontal. Try horizontal if vertical isn't working well. See pictures below.

I'll ask the software developer and continue to look at this. I'm going to have to work on a layout glitch that needs correcting, but I don't think it would help this situation.

mobile-avatar.jpg
Vertical phone view

mobile-avatar2.jpg
Horizontal phone view

Jim Potts
Oldgas.com Techie
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
The software developer will address this in the next upgrade. Thanks for calling our attention to it.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Jim,

I was just wondering if you found a way to turn photos 90 degrees yet, PRIOR to posting them (in case they come out wrong in a post and I want to go back and edit them). I posted a can for sale and the pictures came out sideways, even though they are correct in my windows explorer folder. So I "over-rotated" them by 90 degrees in my windows explorer just to see if they would come out correct, and they still came out sitting on the same side??

I have a few items I want to post for sale, but they are all going to come out sideways.

I'm sure it has something to do with my phone, I just wish I could rotate them here so they come out correct.

I know the viewer can rotate after the pic is posted. But I'm just wondering if there is a way to rotate the picture prior to the post, to get the picture right for everyone.

Thanks for all of your hard work,
Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Sat Feb 24 2018 01:17 AM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)
Oldgas Offline OP
OP Offline
Many iPhone and iPad users find that their photos are sometimes turned sideways when they post them on our forum and other places on the Web. This is a glitch in the Apple iOS system that saves the image in a non-standard way. The orientation is saved as a bit of code within the image file. Sometimes the image will even have the orientation instructions recorded in two conflicting ways in the same image.

Might look just like you took it on your iOS mobile device or Mac, but looks sideways when you post it on the Web.

Try using our Image Resize Tool to edit the photo before you post it. If you don't have the Resize Tool bookmarked, just ask and I'll send it to you.

* After you upload the image to the Resize Tool, click on the "item actions" menu just below your uploaded image in the Resize Tool Album.
* Select "edit photo" from the drop-down menu
* Click on the "Modify Photo" tab in the edit page.
* Under the "Rotate" heading, click on the button for Counter-clockwise 90, 180 or Clockwise 90 rotation as needed.
* After the modification, right click to save the edited image to your computer or device. Upload that image to Shop Talk using File Manager.

ios-editphoto.jpg
Edit photo menu

ios-rotate.jpg
Rotate Photo button on the Modify Photo tab page

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved