Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
For 43 years the Hot August Nights swap meet ran in conjunction with Hot August Nights in Reno Nevada the first week of August. Due to a ton of buracracy the promoter John Sweeney has parted ways and will have a HUGE swap meet @ Arco Arena Sacramento,California Sunday August 3rd,2008.

For details or vendor spaces contact John Sweeney @john@renoswapmeet.com or website is www.renoswapmeet.com or last resort call 916-955-8777

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
From what I understand there will still a Swap Meet at the same place in Reno just run by another group

I collect anything Hyvis oils
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Thanks for the heads up, Blastmaster. Sacramento is closer to me and with a little luck I just might make it.
Mike

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
What a shame. I can't imagine the move to Sacramento is going to be beneficial to anyone except the Sacramento promoter.

I can't imagine very many vendors relocating there and giving up 200,000 customers that attend the Hot August Nights swap Meet.

Too bad they couldn't work it out. Sounds like the HAN promoter will be starting over from square one with his new venue and city.

B
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
B
Actually I hear it is true, there will be one in Reno this year. Many vendors are tired of the hassel and expense and have refused to go so no telling how it will turn out. Many of the reasons it was moved are charge for parking, charge for entry, sellers mustpay for & obtain resale permits,collect and remit sales tax. Last year the Nevada Highway patrol cited many of the out of state vendors for bringing in large trucks without getting 2-5 day use permits. Then they wanted huge laibility policy naming tons of additional insureds blah,blah blah.
Too much bureacuracy ruining a great event for collectors.

Rick H, Sacramento Ca.
P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
i'm planning on going to HANS(Hot August Nights|) and the swap meet in reno with whoever promotes it,to sell some pumps as it's still on for Aug 7-9, hanswapmeet.com AT least the Bakerfield,CA. Western Pacific Events,Inc. promoter's are having large trucks come and park earlier and working a time down to the smaller seller so as not to bottle neck the entrance while local people are getting off work. As far as the fee's go, I suppose California we let big trucks come into their state without permits and no problems with the port authority vehicle inspections and oh yeah the bug,weed,and fruit stop inspection also!! (yea right). As far a I know all states have a permit required to let 18 wheelers in. What about the California sales tax? Exempt for swap meets I think not. Apparently no fees to enter the ARCO ARENO great. I like swap meets no matter who runs them but sounds like RENO SWAP MEET is trying to boycott the event, yet setting up opening day of HANS just down the road. Finally the link, I clicked on for the SACRAMENTO SWAP MEET home page says, hope to see you back in RENO for 2009,(which apparently will be all smoothed over by then). Sounds like the promoters are still trying to get piece of HANS pie. So we run to Sacramento when it doesn't fit our needs and start something there $$$$$ then I'm assuming the flop back to Reno if we don't make enough. Just my 2 cents LaRoy

[This message has been edited by pasngas (edited 07-04-2008).]

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved