Click here for Project Car auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#710698 Sat Jun 02 2018 06:44 AM
OP Offline
Good morning gang!

Yesterday I had lasik eye surgery. I was a little worried about it after signing so many waivers with all the things that can go wrong. Plus, I really dont like people messing with my eyes to begin with. The procedure was really easy, not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. However, the first 2 hours of recovery were absolutely horrible. My eyes felt like they were on fire with sandpaper under my eyelids. Once I started on my eye drops, my eyes started feeling better. It is really nice to get up out of bed and be able to see perfectly without glasses or contacts! I have a follow up appointment this morning to make sure everything looks ok, that should be no big deal.

It is really cool here again today, high is supposed to be in the 40's and rainy. On a plus note, there are no mosquito's right now!

Have a good day everybody!

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
Ryan, glad to hear that you got the eyes 'refurbished'. I had it done many years ago and afterwards couldn't believe how much brighter whiter things were. Also, the grass in my yard seemed to have many more individual blades than before! Was able to drive again at night without getting blinded.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Very cool.Been thinking of doing this.
How much did it all cost?

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Morning All! Been without computer for two days , like someone cut your arm off or something. Funny how comfortable we get with things huh and how out of pocket we get when things rock the boat. Note to self don't pour water on your laptop when its upside down.
Ryan I had it done years ago amazing the difference,I got to where I couldn't see my gauges on motorcycle. They couldn't fix me to read still have to have glasses for that but that's ok ,good trade off
70 here and no rain,another good trade off as its rained for about a week off and on. Pretty wet wonder whats its done to the farmers..

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Good Morning Everyone,

Glad to hear you're seeing OK and recovering nicely, Ryan. Maureen had cataract surgery on both eyes and loved the outcome. Only reading glasses needed now.

Hot one today with temps going to 91 and humidity to match. Possible storms late today. Family coming down to go to Railroad Day festival today in town on Main Street, next to the Union Pacific Shops.

Have a great Saturday out there in Oldgasland

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Afternoon everyone.

Glad to hear your eyes turned out without too much pain. Do you think seeing clearly will help your thinking too? smile

Cloudy and in the low 70°s today. The darn ground is still wet hoping tomorrow to be cutting the grass which is growing like crazy.

Have a great day everyone stay comfy and safe.

Have gas all the time
Cold Pizza #710739 Sun Jun 03 2018 09:05 AM
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Cold Pizza

I paid 4k total.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member

Click on it for the music
"I can see Clearly now"

Last edited by K W FRITH; Sun Jun 03 2018 02:09 PM.

Everything Cities Service
Specializing in old Gas Pumps
kwfrith@gondtc.com
Cell#-701-739-6133
L
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
L
Originally Posted by Ryan Underthun
Originally Posted by Cold Pizza

I paid 4k total.

I paid 34 hundred with the option to have it redone should I ever need it. the norm was 28 hundred.
After falling for the pretty nurse sales girl sales pitch,I found out only 10 percent ever need it redone.
She sure was a pretty young lady though-- even with bad eyesight!

*Wanted Pierce Pennant Petroleum*
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Re: eye surgery--I would worry I would blink or something and screw it all up... : K I can't even keep my eye open for that puff of air test. Do they give you a sedative or something?

Two things about all the rain and crops - lower sugar content because of less sun, and higher disease pressure. They are going to spray the heck out of vulnerable crops, and even then it might not help crops (or they can't because of the days to harvest requirements on sprays) very vulnerable to diseases that hit as the crops ripen, like brown rot on peaches (that brown moldy stuff you can get on peaches even at home) and black rot of grapes.

And then lots of plant crops will be vulnerable to all the stem and root rot diseases caused by the water molds (pythium and phytopthora), named because their spores swim (phytopthora caused the Irish potato blight), and other fungi such as rhizoctonia and thielaviopsis to name a few. These diseases are worse for roots when parts of the roots die from lack of oxygen (drowning), and the disease starts there and works it's way into the good tissue.

Yeah--TMI to a question about how the rain is affecting farmers. I'll stop now. blush

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Tireflator Air Meter auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved