B
delete

[This message has been edited by bettin (edited 08-22-2005).]

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Ron,
the show is incredible at Barrett-Jackson and I know lot's of collectors/collections in the Phoenix area.
We have been going for 12 years. No snow to dig and leave your parka at home.

Balmy, warm and southwest sunsets.

Ralph

T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Say high to Dave Kois from Fontana California. He will be there with his Gilmore Wayne double showcase and some other cool stuff.

Don't need to tell you this Ron, but bring us back some eye candy (photos).

C Cragg
B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
I see from my latest issue of "OldCars" there will be a Tucker car Company Ashtray sold there with other auto and petro stuff. Please get me the price it sells for if you can. I have one just like it. A gift from my uncle, who was paymaster at Tucker. Thanks in advance! Have a great trip!

R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Does anyone know of any existing Tucker Car Company original neon or porcelain signs ever produced?

Ralph

P
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
P
Have a great time Ron.

------------------
JERRY

JERRY
+
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
+
Ralph,I was talking about this just the other day as I watched the story of the Tucker Car Company on the discovery channel , I was looking for anything Petro /sign related Items in the show just for the heck of it ,I did not see any Neon or other light up signs with the exception of what looked like a Few painted signs when he moved to his new factory,not saying that I might have missed something when I got up to get a cold one, But they did talk a lot about how he was a sharp promoter,so My guess is that he had some made,or had them designed ,to be made in the near future,a real thinker of a guy, but thats just my 2 cents worth

Chris Holt
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I can not remember the guys name in Texas, but the story goes he saw one at a yard sale and did not know what this sign was. It was in a wood crate with some kind of oil rubbed on the sign. It turned out to ba a Tucker neon sign in the original packing. The guy who had it was going to be a dealer in his day and he received the sign, stored it for a little bit but never put it up. This sign was priced for $2000. He left the sale, told a friend and went back to get it, another guy had bought it in the 4 hours that elapsed. I have bought pumps from the guy that found this and he was always honest about things. I can't imagine he was telling me a tale. Just my story of what I was told. Don't know if this helped or not but supposedly he stated that these signs were made.

Thanks, Phil
G
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
G
Ralph and Ron, I sure wish I was with you guys. I plan on watching every minute of it on Speedvision. I told the wife and kid to watch whatever they wanted for the last week, because the next four nights are MINE!!!

Moderated by  Oldgas, Pegasus, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Project Car auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved