Click here for Collectible Motor Oil Can auction listings

Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
OP Offline
T
Hello all, ive recently purchased this gas pump here in Southern California and i was planning on gutting it and turning it into a fridge. But i soon realized that there is a community around the restoration and appreciation of these old pumps. So a few questions:

First a link to the images: https://imgur.com/a/gbTkLhV

What do you think this pump is worth in its current condition?
How much money would it take for me to restore this pump, and after that what would its value be?
Would turning this pump into a fridge be the wrong thing to do?

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Not in the same class as pumps with faces (windows) that is about the only pump that u should convert to a fridge, stereo stand or display case. As for current value....... maybe $150 to a guy that has no or very few pumps. Just my 2cents. Chris

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I think your idea of a frig would be a good choice. Unfortunately these little guys don't get much love so supply and demand leave little value in them.

Welcome to oldgas and I hope the info supplied was helpful. Have fun with it and please keep us posted on your progress

Have gas all the time
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
This is what is referred to as a "Commercial Pump." It was used on farms, taxi garages, truck terminals, meaning any place that did not sell gasoline, just needed a pump to fill the farm tractor, etc. Since they were not used to sell gasoline, these pumps did not have globes or signage on them, but some restorers do add these items to one they are restoring to make them look a little better.

The pump was made by Gilbarco. My information states the pump was introduced in 1947. The meter on top of the pump was made by Veeder Root, it was used only to keep track of the number of gallons that had been pumped.

My next Gas Pump book values it at $250, because of the meter on the top.

Jack Sim

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved