Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#719511 Tue Nov 13 2018 11:31 AM
W
OP Offline
W
My brother passed unexpectedly this summer and I am trying to help my elderly father resolve the estate. Among the vast amount of "stuff", my brother had a Red Crown gas pump and a Conoco sign (attached to a wastebin??). My father has received an offer of $350 for the gas pump and $100 for the sign. Considering the location (middle of nowhere, Colorado/Nebraska border), these are probably fair offers. I just want to make sure my father does let anything go that has some real value. I have not found anything relevant to value the sign and I am not enough of an expert to make a call on the pump. Thanks for your help!

gas pump 2.jpg gas pump 1.jpg Conoco Sign.jpg
Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
R
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
R
Hard to make valuations based on those pictures. You would have to dig em out and show all sides. Perhaps that Conoco sign is on an oil can rack, not a wastebin. Regardless, can't tell if the sign is bent or if there's any damage to any of it based on these pictures.
Richard

Both of those prices are well on the low end of what I would think to be fair. The conoco sign is defiantly on an oil can rack. You can look those up on ebay to see what they are going for.

FREEDOM oil items wanted.

W
OP Offline
W
Wow - great help; Now that I know it's an oil can rack it was easy to see what it might be worth. Thanks Ryan and RMikita.

The pump is a Wayne 70 model. Hard to tell, but it looks like it may have ad glass on all 4 sides. Collectors like that. Rust-throughs, dents and missing parts hurt the value.

Jim "Oldgas" Potts
Your host and moderator
P
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
P
I agree with Ryan, well below market value. Get it out and post a better picture and then can give an educated value on it then.

Thanks, Phil
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
If the rest of the gas pump looks as good as what is pictured it is worth $700.00 to $1000.00. It is an early Wayne model 70. You can tell it is an early model by the small window and large sight glass.

I likeShell [Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
There should be two signs back to back on the oil can rack. If they are in good shape $150 each and the oil can rack is missing pieces should be worth $200 by itself. The last one I bought with signs which was ten years ago cost me $350.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Welcome to OldGas! I sent you a personal message.

Braden Splichal

W
OP Offline
W
Updates: The pump has glass on all 4 sides of the pump and condition appears consistent with prior photos. Oil can Rack does have signs on both sides and they are in good shape. I will try to post additional photos later. Thanks to all to offered support!

W
OP Offline
W
More Pictures of pump; glass on back door is cracked. Hose for nozzle is also there, but hard so was removed for pics. Paint is chipping away, but no rust throughs. All guts appear to be intact.

pump 4.png (604.39 KB, 215 downloads)
pump 3.png (578.74 KB, 199 downloads)
pump 2b.png pump 6a.png
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
That pump (Wayne 70 w/ 4 ad glass) is worth around $800-1100, especially if the bottom of the panels don't have rust through. Depends on dents, etc. However, if you just want to sell it quickly, you should have no problem around $700-800.

-Steve

Last edited by Speedracer; Sun Nov 18 2018 04:57 PM.

-Steve B. (WTB: 48" Flying A button, 48" black/org Phillips 66, White Star, and Chevrolet Signs. Also looking for a Wayne 866. Send a PM. Thanks.)

Moderated by  Oldgas 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Petro Porcelain Sign auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved