Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
Great advice from everyone!! Thank you so much. After Christmas I will begin photographing the big signs and the stuff up high on the walls and slowly post them for your review. Thanks again.
Happy Holidays!

a123J72sQjSyU1M95xwPmA.jpg Sc47wFqZQmi0obWRzDidLw.jpg DrCzD%x5Rs+CSxhZe0XOlQ.jpg
Last edited by servicestationnation; Thu Dec 20 2018 11:50 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
J
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
J
I am not going to list their names, because I don't know if it allowed here on this site, but there is a person who set up a company where he will authenticate any sign you have. He is also connected with a auction house that is very well know and respected in this hobby.

This past summer at Iowa Gas the family of a very well know collector put all of his signs up for auction, because they were originals they sold for nice prices. They will put all of the signs and anything else that is petro connected out to the entire country with advertising of an auction.

Jack Sim

Last edited by Jack Sim; Fri Dec 21 2018 12:19 AM.

Author, 1st & 2nd editions of Gas Pump ID book, 3rd edition is now available at www.gaspumpbible.com
Air Meter ID book also available
P
P
Originally Posted by servicestationnation
Great advice from everyone!! Thank you so much. After Christmas I will begin photographing the big signs and the stuff up high on the walls and slowly post them for your review. Thanks again.
Happy Holidays!

That's a great way to display signs; learn something everyday.

S
OP Offline
S
Thats good to know! Thank you for the info!

B
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
B
Quite the collection!

Always looking for Veedol and Tydol cans and signs
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Be aware that some of the auction houses charge a 30% fee to the owner of the items to sell the items. Some auction houses charge from 10-20%.
Thanx for sharing more pics! That is quite the collection and most looks to be originals and in great condition. Some pieces similar to yours go for thousands of dollars each especially when it's a original porcelain neon sign like the Mobil. They are all highly desired and I know that personally, I've had those three Phillips signs on my list for a long time but know I can't afford them in anywhere close to that condition!
I'm also guessing that he had quite the car collection in there below those signs and if you have a auction house handling those, you might ask them if they do "road art" or advertising auctions too.
If your husband recently passed, my condolences to you and your family, and if this is all leftover from a divorce, congrats!!,,, haha
Again, Good Luck!

LOOKING-4:WELDING SIGNS,Charter/Finance/PulOil/Trulite/TruTest-Oils,True's gas CORALINE/RAINBOW, Gardner 70 items of Yakima wa., Wa/Or/Id Chief items
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
There is a lot of money there, no doubt. Good luck with the sales. I agree that it might be best to have an auction style house deal with all of it. The prices of some of those pieces can be all over the place because most look like they are in very good condition. Also, these signs are as valuable as they have ever been. Many have wondered if we have hit peak so you are selling at an excellent time.

Last edited by Jhaas63; Sat Dec 22 2018 02:12 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved