Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#722288 Mon Dec 31 2018 08:02 AM
mapper Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I recently won a Pure Diesel pump plate on ebay. I didn't steal it, but I certainly didn't pay what it would go for anywhere else. I think the seller realized that too! A week (which was far too long to send it!) after I won the auction, I received this message:
"I’m really sorry, when I was heading out to ship the piece I dropped it. There’s not much left of it now."

I asked to see a picture of it anyways, but naturally, I haven't received a response. I know there isn't anything anyone can do, but thought i'd feel better posting this. Ok, maybe only slightly better; i'm still slightly angry with the seller.

Thanks guys.

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
mapper #722293 Mon Dec 31 2018 10:33 AM
J
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
J
Yea that is really lame. I would consider a negative feedback especially since there has been no photo of the “barely anything left of” pump plate.

mapper #722297 Mon Dec 31 2018 10:53 AM
D
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
D
Man.... the seller must have dropped it from an airplane to have "damaged" it beyond recognition!

Reminds me of the time a few years ago when a seller listed a pile of 15" Marathon lenses for a BIN of $125 each choice....there was one green and orange Transcontinental "running man" lens which I bought right away. Would you believe within a very short time of my purchase all of the lenses were broken by his children? I called BS and left him negative feedback....I know darn well someone sent a big offer for the group and he cancelled the other purchases to sell to someone else.

I guess there are always going to be sellers like this on Ebay......luckily from past experience it doesn't happen real frequently.
Darin

Darin Sheffer
Always looking for Mobil and Marathon items I don't already have!
mapper #722300 Mon Dec 31 2018 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
I too have encountered this,and just another reason of the advantage of buying in person at say a swapmeet.

Collecting Vintage Sunoco
mapper #722302 Mon Dec 31 2018 12:20 PM
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
As a Pure Guy, I always watch those auctions and it had my interest and you did buy it for a good price. My problem was his zero feedback and feedback seems to be the last salvation on ebay. I have found some deals are not worth the stress with ebay and would rather pay a few$$$$ more to a trusted seller.

Thanks
Mike

Always Looking for any Pure Oil and Sunoco Items.
mapper #722313 Mon Dec 31 2018 03:34 PM
T
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
T
Not arguing that logic Mike but unfortunately when you start eBay it's starts with 1 feedback. now if they have a low feedback and have had problems then I run.

mapper #722323 Mon Dec 31 2018 06:22 PM
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
This reminds me of one of my eBay experiences a few years ago. I needed a Williams gas-o-gun pump nozzle for my visible pump so I created a keyword alert for it. After a few months, one was finally posted for $75 BIN and I saw the alert within minutes. I jumped on, bought it and paid for it immediately. After a week of no response from the seller, she finally messaged me to say she "listed it by accident for a friend and they never intended to sell it". What a load of *****. I told her that if she wanted to sell her integrity for the value of that pump nozzle, that was her business. Same applies here.

A while back, I listed a nice Galena tin sign for sale on Facebook. Not being sure what it was worth, I ended up pricing it too low and needless to say it sold right away. I felt dumb for selling it too cheap but hey, that's my mistake. I keep my word.

BrianH

Brian H
mapper #722345 Tue Jan 01 2019 06:22 AM
mapper Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
I guess those who don't have integrity don't understand what it means to really have integrity!

Yeah Mike, I thought about the seller's low rating, but figured with ebay's policies protecting the buyer more than the seller, it would work out. Oh well. It certainly wasn't a rare piece. Happy new year!

Alan
Collecting MN and Minneapolis gas and oil related items

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved