Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T
Teddy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I have a old original lollipop Sinclair sign 24" diameter. It was in an old gas station that was purchased over 40 yrs ago. Had been painted over a couple of times. Removed old paint form porcelain disc and looks very nice. My question is the lollipop base (marked Sinclair Oils) had 4 layers of paint. Red under white under dark gray under last coat of light gray. Only ones I have seen have been repainted and the bases and circle have been painted green. This one shows no sign of green. All the was down to bare steel scale it is red as first color. Could that have been original?
Thanks

Last edited by Teddy; Sat Feb 09 2019 06:11 PM.
Please use For Sale forums to sell

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
Veteran Member
Online Content
Veteran Member
Hi Ted,

First welcome to Oldgas!

Your question is hard to answer because it's highly unlikely that anyone has an original one that's never been repainted and it's not likely that any color photos exist of that era.

Your method of paint excavation is mostly likely your best answer. My advise... and I'm a Sinclair collector is to paint it the color you like.

Tom.

Always buying gas pumps and parts.

Visit my web site: www.gaspumps.us
Buckles Vintage Gas Pump Parts LLC
Carthage Indiana
T
Teddy Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks Tom. I will go with the red that seems to be original. Just going to display in our Harley / Honda dealership.

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved