Next Thread
Print Thread
S
Skydog Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
Hello, I posted a story about my Neon Yellow Stop sign refurb. In that thread I mentioned I had another Neon project. When I purchased the original sign the gentleman mentioned he also had a salesman sample of the same sign. I expressed interest and later purchased it from him, unfortunately it was broken inside and I have had it in my shop unseen for at least 20 years. While working on the original sign I mentioned it to the sign repair lady and she encouraged me to bring it in for her to look at.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
She got right on it and fabricated a new Neon to match the broken one.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
This sign has a piece of colored glass in front of the Neon that was also broken, so now I am on the hunt for a piece of dark red glass. This sign has the original transformer that still works, it also has a mechanical flasher unit that does not work. The wiring is all cloth covered for insulation and appears a little sketchy, my intention was to rewire the sign, but my sign lady talked me into ordering a new safer, electronic transformer with an adjustable flash feature. I will keep the original parts with the sign so it can be put back to original if someone wanted. I will post more pics after I get it all done.

Greg

Value Questions and Showcase forums

Please - NO offers to Buy or Sell in this forum category

Statements such as, "I'm thinking about selling this." are considered an offer to sell.
S
Skydog Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Here are a couple more shots. Suggestions are welcome, also any idea of the value of this sign?
There is no brand name anywhere on either of the signs. the salesman sample is made of sheet metal, and was constructed by a craftsman!

Thanks Greg

S
Skydog Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
S
So today I made some progress on my sign, I removed the old transformer, timing unit, and the sketchy wiring.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I received my new transformer with the blinking feature from the sign lady.
[Linked Image]
I used JB weld to secure a couple of posts to mount the transformer inside. I went and bought a piece of colored acrylic sheeting and cut a piece to replace the broken glass.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
After I get it all together, I will try posting a video of the sign blinking.
Greg

Moderated by  Oldgas, Ryan Underthun 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Gas Pump auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved