Oldgas.com Home  
Home | Help | Events | Auctions | Parts | Pictures | Links | Contact
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I could see the signage being used for a number of years. From what I came up with, Indian used the verbage "Motocycle" up to the late 1920's. Then went to "Motorcycle". This might be wrong on my part, but looking at the catalogs on www.cycletownusa.com it looks as the change went into affect approx. 1926 or so. A car dealership in town here used their sign for over 50 years until the elements took it down for them.

Looking for Tide Water/ Tide Water-Associated/ Tidewater items
Archived Forum Area

These topics are archived because they are older. You may not post new replies. Contact member through their email in their Profile or by PM message.
Help with contacting members

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
Roadrelics..
To a die-hard Indian guy it is always MOTOCYCLE,, always was and will be to most Indian owners..set the marque apart then and STILL now..

My gut feeling is it is a made to order sign way back, the person paying picked the spelling.. and there may be more than one made (note made, not in existence)

My gut feeling is you are going to dick with this so long that it will be gone before they BRING IT SOMEWHERE for YOU to see it!

Bottom line, it is what it is, and bare minimum is worth at least what it cost to make it today.. or a lot more..

Ask your self if it is not real why would they base it on a not well known sign??

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
I didn't have anything to do with it !
Is it the weather or WHAT ? You guys have CABIN FEVER !
DICK

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dodogas........i don't make idiot decisions & surely don't buy expensive signs on "gut feelings" & I'll dick with it as long as i need to.....
thats what i was afraid of "To A die hard Indian guy its "Motocycle"...well guess what, to a dealership & it promtions it was "Motorcycle".....
so thanks for your input however condescending it may be, it made me look at it from another angle

D
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
D
I guess the authority on Indians has spoken, what would I know about it anyway???

I have a funny feeling its going to sell on its own without being brought to you for inspection... but of course.. how would I know..

[This message has been edited by dodogas (edited 07-19-2007).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Dodogas... let me do the deal my way.......i sure don't need a guy like you to tell me how to do a deal & besides i dont like the tone of your rhetoric ........go give somebody else your advice, i don't want it, or need it.... but thanks anyway........
By the way sounds like your you are insinuating you are a big Indian motocycle aficionado , you buy it....LOL

[This message has been edited by roadrelics@aol.com (edited 07-20-2007).]

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Hi Jim- whats the # on ebay-?? cant find it-Thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
O
okoil1 Offline OP
Petro Enthusiast
OP Offline
Petro Enthusiast
O
Don, I could not list on Ebay last evening. Ebay was having a glitch and would not allow a listing unless paypal was offered as an option for payment. I hope to get it on there tonight.

Collect small Oklahoma Oil Co.'s 1920's-1940's. Barnsdall, Cushing, Eason, Marland, etc.

S
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
S
Jim,
I will probably get my nuts roasted on here for this, but you put it on and I will be bidding to win. You and your dad are two of the most honest people around.

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Hey Maurice- I agree! You can't find two better guys than Jim and his father.

S
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
S
I have actually seen the sign in question. It's an old sign, without question. I've also seen the building it hung on and the pictures with the sign attached. This sign is obviously REAL in the sense that it was used and made 50+ years ago, but I also understand the trepedation people have in buying a one-off type painted metal sign. It's like buying a wooden dealership sign. If this thing was porcelain & maker-marked, Jim would be shopping for a new truck with the money he made from selling it. How's about we bring the respect level back up to how it's been since the late 90's on this site, instead of this ridiculous sniping that's been going on for about the last month or so. I can just go to a college football message board (which I do frequently, BOOMER SOONER!) if I want to read bitching & insults.

[This message has been edited by Seth Robbins (edited 07-20-2007).]

G
Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
G
Thanks Seth! Finally someone with POSITIVE comments. It's gotten to the point that why would anyone post pictures of an item or bring up a topic,knowing they were going to be attacked. There are enough negatives in this world without bringing them into our hobby. Personal attacks are not necessary.

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Well said Seth and Garry
How about a Family Friendly Section like they have at some of the sports stadiums?? thanks don

------------------
Wanted 5 quart cans

[b] Wanted 5 quart cans -old speed equipment -1950-60s- Cad- Olds std shift parts - site at www.oilnspeed.com
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
if you guys think its bad here go to the forum "On Line Auctions & EBAY", then click "Crisco sign is Back" topic....

...They need some serious counseling there ......

Petro Enthusiast
Petro Enthusiast
I'm gonna win it......

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

Click here for Classic Car Project auction listings

Copyright © 2023 Primarily Petroliana Interactive, All Rights Reserved